Chapter 27: Prom Night Part 1

Sean's POV

I woke up with a heavy breathing. I had another dream with my father again. He has been in my dreams for a while now and it pisses me off. I looked at my right hand. Jeez, sleeping with my hand being handcuffed on the stool of the bed isn't comfortable at all.

"Sean." I looked up and I saw Emily standing at the corner of the room. She looked at me, frightened.

"It's a surprise that my wife came to visit me." I said. I thought that I'd never see her again.

"I'm not here to comfort you, Sean." She took a deep sigh. "I'm here to file a divorce."

"Em-"

"No. You listen to me first." Emily cut me off. I looked at her hands at it was shaking. She must have mustered all the bravery she has to see me. "I should have done this long ago but I was too afraid of you! But I am doing this now... For the sake of our child."

"Where is she? Did you bring our offspring here?" I asked. I have never seen my child and even though I already have no right to be his father, I want to see her.

"After all you did to me during my pregnancy, do you really think I'd bring her here to see you?" She angrily said. Tears started to roll down from Emily's eyes. I know I'd hurt her a lot but why do I not feel bad at all? And her courageous talk doesn't even sting. "You don't deserve her... You don't deserve us."

"Is that all you have to say? That I don't deserve her?!" I clenched my knuckles. Emily is aware that I already pissed off and she may have regretted telling me those words.

"I... I was silent for a long time, Sean... But now, you can't silent me."

"You sound so courageous but we both know that you are weak." I smiled. Emily looked surprised after what I said. "You went here because you are aware that I am handcuffed on my bed and you know that I won't touch you not even a single hair. Heck, you couldn't even approach me. Are you really that afraid of me?"

"I'm not afraid of you." She sounded hesitant. I laughed at her for trying to be strong.

"Do you really think I'll allow you to file a divorce? Do you really think that I'll sign it?!" I shouted at her and she jumped. "You are my wife! You will always be my wife!"

You're the only family I have... I thought.

"I'm not just filing a divorce, Sean. I'm filing a case towards you."

"Do you really think you can put me to jail?!" I angrily said. "I am Sean Lewis, Emily! No one puts me to jail!"

"But we both know that where you're going." Emily said. I looked at her, surprised. "Talk to my lawyer. He'll come here to visit you."

As Emily left, Jameson Kinkle went inside my room.

"You had an emotional talk with your wife?" Jameson asked. "It looked like she saw a monster."

"So I'm a monster now?" I asked him seriously but he just laughed at me.

"Do I have to answer that?" He put his bag on the chair and he took out the scrub suit and the surgical mask. "This is the last time I'm going to do you a favor."

Ah, Jameson Kinkle...

You see, Jameson and I met in high school. We were both troubled teenagers before. Luckily for Jameson, he got things sorted out with his life and he became a police officer. I actually thought he had it all not until his wife left him for a jobless man because he wasn't good enough for her and then eight months ago, he met me while I was selling coke in the streets. Instead of putting me to jail, he bought one and let me tell you, he got hooked.