Chapter 21: Daddy Dearest

I was feeling productive so I added two chapters today :) this chapter is still about Sean. To be honest, I feel sorry for Sean. He's a broken crayon like everyone else in this story (and in real life too)

Still an unedited chapter.

Enjoy reading!

***

I hurriedly went to the school library and searched for Richard Peabody. It has been three days since I found out that I wasn't my dad's child. I was somebody else's child. I am feeling hopeful because maybe I can finally receive the fatherly love that I craved for.

I searched it up and there were numerous articles about Richard Peabody.

My father is a business mogul and has numerous businesses in New York city. He has received countless awards and recognition. Most of the articles are about his success and how he owes everything to his... family.

I opened an article about his family and a picture of him smiling beside his daughters popped on the screen. They must be my sisters. All of them were all happy together and I couldn't help but feel a little jealous that they have him on their side. Maybe I can have that too.

I wrote down Dad's office address and hurriedly went out from the library and skipped class.

Meeting my Dad is the most important thing to me right now. He might save me from Shaun. I really cannot wait to tell him how happy I am to finally meet him. I am hopeful.

***

I arrived at Dad's building but I couldn't manage to get myself inside the building. I feel so small compare to this building. This is where my Dad is working! This is unbelievable! I took the courage and walked inside the building.

The guard didn't mind me... So, I walked my way to the receptionist at the main lobby.

"Hello, young man. Are you lost?" The receptionist asked.

"I'm here to see my Dad. Can you take me to him?" I showed her the picture of my parents and she looked at me in shock. "His name is Richard Peabody. He's my Dad." I gleefully said.

"Uh... let me call him..." She dialed the telephone but her eyes are still locked at me. "Sorry for disturbing you, Mr. Peabody but there's this child in the lobby and he's claiming to be your son." She distanced her ear from the telephone and she looked at a bit scared. Seconds later, she hanged up the telephone.

"Can I meet him now?" I excitedly asked.

"I'll take you to him." The receptionist held my hand and we went inside the elevator.
My Dad's room was at the 21st floor of the building and I can see the view of New York City inside the elevator. My Dad's building is the best!

The elevator door opened and the woman who was just sitting seconds ago was startled when she saw me. She fixed her posture and she looked at the receptionist. She doesn't seem glad that I'm here.

"Is this the kid?" She asked the receptionist.

"Yeah..." She sighed. "Take good care of him." The receptionist went inside the elevator and it was just me and this lady.

"Hi... I'm Lily." She stretched her hand and we shake hands. "I'm your Dad's secretary."

"I'm Sean! And I'm his son." I gleefully said.

"Of course." She seems worried. "Your Dad is just inside this big door and he's waiting for you."

I went inside the room and I saw my Dad talking to someone on his phone. I approached him and I hugged him. It has been a while since I'm happy and no one can take away this moment for me. I finally have a dad... my Superman.