Chapter 18: Family Tree

Sorry for the long delay of this chapter. I hope you guys can forgive me :D

***

It is uncomfortable to be in the same room with Sebastian. We are both sitting on the sofa at the living room. He's sitting beside me but he's not saying a single word to me. I don't know how to start a conversation with him. I noticed that he's tense again. I took the courage and I hold his hand. "Everything will be alright."

Sebastian looked at me. His eyes are still filled with sadness but the shade of his eyes aren't as dark as before. He isn't really the sad man behind his smiles anymore. He's getting better. He's slowly accepting that is isn't his fault.

"I bought you roses because I know you're allergic to sunflowers." Sebastian said. I can't believe that he remembered the little things about me. The last time he gave me sunflowers, I kept on sneezing. He handed it over to me and with no second thoughts, I accepted it. The roses are too beautiful to not accept it but I am still astounded by the fact that Sebastian is standing right in front of me. He's alive. All my worries and negative thoughts about Sebastian finally disappeared because he's here. He's finally here with me. No matter how much I try to hate him for leaving me, I couldn't because I love him too much.

A smiled appeared on my face. It has been a while since my smile is sincere. For the past two weeks, I tried to smile for the sake of the people who cares for me. I wanted them not to worry so much about me but I always end up looking at them with my sad eyes. I don't know what is making me smile... the fact that Sebastian is here or the bouquet of roses?

"I know that the bouquet is not enough for you to forgive me and I know that I owe you a lot of explanation." He looked at me apologetically. I know he felt bad for leaving me but I know he has his reasons.

"I was never mad at you, Sebastian. I was worried because I hurted you." I felt a pain in my heart. I remember the events for the past two weeks is just too much emotions for me to handle.

"You didn't hurt me, Raven. I just freaked out about the truth. For ten years, I kept on blaming myself about the thing that I didn't do. The truth overwhelmed me."

"I could've avoided it if I was honest to you from the very beginning. I was just-"

"Please, stop blaming yourself because it's not your fault." Sebastian cuts me off. Tears started to fall down from my eyes and I couldn't help but let Sebastian see how vulnerable I can be. We are both fragile people but somehow, we managed to fix one another.

"So where did you go, Sebastian? Where were you?" Finally, I asked him the question. Everyone was looking for him and not one person knows where his whereabouts.

"I was actually looking for Sean. I went to different places that I could possibly think of. But to no luck, I never found him."

"Why were you looking for him, Sebastian?"

"I wanna know why he did it. I wanna know why he blamed me, why he burned down the house, and why he ruined our family." Sebastian clenched his knuckles and I hold his hand. I entangled my hand to his hand. I want him to know that he is still loved by me.

"What matters the most right now is that you're back. Promise me that you'll never leave me again."

Sebastian gently stroked my hair. He then slowly shift his hand from my hair to my lips. He touched my lips and our eyes locked into each other's gazes.

"I missed you." Sebastian said. "And I love you."

"I love you too, Sebastian."  I said. A smile finally appeared on his face. He wrapped his hands around me and he slowly moved his head near me. The next thing I know, I can feel his lips touching my lips and the warmth of his embrace.