Chapter 4: You're Not Alone

Edited chapter

***

"So, let me get this straight...your little sister will train me for the pageant?" I asked.

Sebastian decided to help me win the pageant and in order for me to succeed, his little sister will help me stand out among the others.

I know that will never stand a chance against Samantha. So, I needed help but I didn't expect that it'll come from Sebastian's little sister.

"Yep..." He took a bite of his pizza.

After soaking our feet in salt water, our stomach grumbled. We decided to take a bite at Betty's while we wait for her sister to arrive.

"How old is she again?

"She's 11 years old." He said. Oh, I thought I misheard it the first time he mentioned his sister's age.

"How can an 11 year old help me?" I crossed my arms.

"Trust me..., Raven. She can help you." He nudged my shoulder and I grunted annoyingly. "You worry too much."

We have been waiting for Sebastian's little sister for an hour. As we were waiting, we occupied ourselves by indulging the 12 inch pizza that Sebastian ordered.

Sebastian eventually got bored while waiting for her. He made another set of jokes which aren't funny at all.

Sebastian pranked on me too.

He gave me a glass of cola. Well, that's what I thought at first. When I drank the cola, it felt weird. I stared at the cola and I realized that I just got pranked. It was a glass of soy sauce and Sprite that are mixed together.

Sebastian laughed until his stomach hurt. He is quite amused by the little trick that he just pulled off. Is this how friends treat one another?

Sebastian getting bored is something I don't want to witness ever again.

A little girl approached our table. She glared at Sebastian while entirely ignoring me. She stomped his foot and Sebastian groaned in pain.

She must Sebastian's sister. Their resemblance is uncanny.

They both have hazel eyes, copper brown hair and freckles on their face. It seems like she's the female version of Sebastian.

"Can you stop it, Selena?!" Sebastian said in agonizing pain. She stopped stomping and Sebastian felt relieved. "You are embarrassing me in front of Raven."

"So, where's the girl that I need to fix?" She asked.

"She's sitting right in front of me." Sebastian said in a monotonous tone. His sister looked at me from head to toe and based from her thoughts, she's judging me for my choice of clothing.

"I'm Selena by the way and you must be?"

"I'm Raven." She stretched her arm at me and we both shake hands.

"Oh, like a bird?" Selena sounded displeased.

"I guess?"

"Anyways..." Her attention went back to Sebastian. "How much are you willing to pay me?"

"Can you just help my friend as a favor?" Sebastian asked.

"My service isn't free, brother." Selena said. "If you won't pay, then I better get going."

"You really want me to read your diary out loud, huh?" Sebastian smirked. Selena's eyes widened when she realized that his brother isn't kidding around.