Chapter 1: The Job

A/N: Hey guys, so this is the first fanfiction I have ever written! The first few chapters I wrote a LONG time ago and honestly are terribly written. I apologize for the carroty references throughout the beginning of this story. IT GETS BETTER, I SWEARRR

Ok well aside from that note, I hope you enjoy this story(: Thank you for reading!

CHAPTER 1

"Liz, you are so freaking lucky that you work for Twist magazine." Emma, my best friend since third grade said as she flipped through the channels on my TV. "I mean, you get to stalk hot guys. It doesn't get much better than that."

I smiled. My job as a photographer/journalist for Twist magazine was pretty hectic, but Emma was right - I had the opportunity to travel the country and meet the hottest celebrities in the nation, which was amazing, to say the least.

Emma finally stopped on a channel that was broadcasting a live interview with some boyband from the UK. "YES!" she squealed, pretending to swoon over the TV.

I rolled my eyes. "One Direction, was it? God, you're such a spaz."

"Why yes, Liz, it just happens to be One Direction, a boyband that consists of five of the most gorgeous guys on the face of the Earth." She jabbed at her phone while glancing up at the screen ever so often. "Zayn. He is so freaking hot. Like seriously. He's trying to kill me. HE'S TRYING TO KILL ME WITH HIS SEXINESS OH MY GOD."

"Ems, shut UP." I groaned, running a hand through my light brown hair in exasperation.

"Admit it, Liz, they're beautiful."

I looked up at the TV. They were okay, I mean, not 'the most gorgeous guys on the face of the Earth.' But definitely not bad. I found myself staring at one of them in particular.

"Who's the curly haired one?" I asked Emma. She smirked.

"Oooh, looks like Elizabeth has the hots for HARRY." She said, giggling. Yes, GIGGLING. Sometimes I swear she's six years old.

I threw a pillow at her, and she pretended to be hurt.

"Come on, don't be a party pooper. We need to think up a couple name for you guys. Helizabeth? Elarry? Oh my gosh yes, that's cute. Elarry it is."

I couldn't help but laugh at Emma's excitement. No matter how annoying she could be, it was nearly impossible to stay mad at her.

We watched the interview until it was over and spent the rest of the time sprawled out on the couch, on our phones. Typical. I was about to stand up to make myself a Nutella sandwich when an muffled shriek came from Emma.

"Uh, what was that?" I surveyed her with a raised eyebrow.

"Oh my god." Emma choked, latching onto my arm. This can't be true."

"What are you talking about?"

"What I'm talking about IS THAT HARRY IS NOT SINGLE ANYMORE, I REPEAT, HARRY STYLES IS NOT SINGLE ANYMORE." she buried her face into a pillow and held her phone up for me to see.

An article from E! News was open on a picture of the curly haired boy from before walking alongside an older woman. "What's so bad about that?"

"THE FLACK IS BACK, LIZZIE, WE THOUGHT SHE WAS GONE BUT SHE'S BACK," she wailed, barely audible through the pillow covering her face.

"Ems, get up."

"I don't think you understand. My baby is with another woman, a thIRTY TWO YEAR OLD WOMAN to be exact."

I quirked an eyebrow. "That's...disturbing." I managed to shake Emma off me and went into the kitchen, grabbing a piece of bread and slathering it with Nutella. I licked the extra chocolatey stuff off of the plastic knife and tossed it into the trash can.

Just then, I heard my cell phone ringing on the couch. I placed my food carefully on a plate and brought it to the living room, where I stuffed another bite of bread into my mouth before answering.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Elizabeth, it's Tina." My eyes widened, and I quickly swallowed my Nutella.

Tina Donvito was the editor-in-chief of Twist, in other words, my boss. Whenever she called me it was always to update me on celeb gossip and assign me to another job. "So, rumor has it that One Direction's Harry Styles is back with his ex, Caroline Flack, the thirty-two-year-old. I want you to get a hold of Harry, and get a few words out of him on the topic of his girlfriend."

I nodded enthusiastically as Tina gave me more information about his whereabouts and some things to ask him.

"This is going to be a major article, and I'm expecting a lot from you." She said finally, after filling me in on the details.

"Yes, ma'am, I'll do my best." I said. "You'll be satisfied with me, I promise."

"Okay, Elizabeth. Good luck,"

I ended the phone call and stared down at my cell phone for a few seconds before turning to Emma. By now, all of her attention was focused on me.

She was on the verge of entering fangirl mode, I could tell by the way she was grinning.

"Yep, you heard right, Ems. I'm going to be stalking Harry Styles for the next few days." I said. Just like that, her mood changed from grievous to ecstatic.

"Oh my GOD you are so lucky that that's your JOB! Put in a good word for me, okay? Tell him to follow me on Twitter and tell Zayn I love him if he's with him, okay?" She beamed. "This can't be for real."

I laughed at her disbelief. "Keep in mind that I might not get to talk to him, there are probably a bunch of other people trying to get a hold of him right now. And besides, even if I do, I'm part of the media, he probably doesn't want to have anything to do with me whatsoever."

"It's still exciting!"

"Chill, it's not like he's going to fall in love with me or something. Now go get me some more Nutella, right now."