College Professor - Taehyung Part 2

*After leaving the College - at Jungkook's*

I walk into Jungkook's apartment with my spare key. "Hey Baby! You took a long time. I ended up ordering food but I'm paying so I say it counts as cooking." He says smiling at me. I'm an evil person, I can't believe I threw away this perfect relationship. "Something wrong?" He asks and goes to kiss me but I take a step back. "What is it?" He asks worriedly.

"You need to break up with me," I say.

"What?" He asks confused. I try and think about how to word it but there is no nice way of being honest about what happened.

"I cheated on you," I confess and he looks at me blankly. "I'm not asking for your forgiveness, I wouldn't even be able to accept it if you did. So please just break up with me. It wouldn't be right if I was the one to do it so you should at least have the knowledge that you broke it off with me after what I've done." His lips are slightly parted and he has gone pale.

"When you say you cheated on me... what exactly did you do?" He asks hesitantly. I push my hands through my hair and put both hands on the back of my neck.

"I slept with someone else Jungkook. I'm so sorry. I got so swept up in the moment and... there is no excuse." I say. I want to cry but it's not fair for me to be the one to get upset. He's the one who I've hurt. He grits his teeth and closes his eyes. He pushes his hands through his hair and turns away from me.

"Fuck." He growls. "I can't believe this!" He says angrily. When he turns towards me his eyes have become glassy and tears are threatening to spill. "Who with? No, I don't want to know. Yes, I do, who was it!?" I bite my bottom lip.

"A guy called Tae. You don't really know him. But he's not important." He sits on the floor in front of the sofa and leans on it.

"I can't do this. I don't want us to break up." Tears start to spill over my cheeks, I try to wipe them away but can't stop myself from sobbing. "I love you! I thought we were perfect, what did I do!?" He asks choking on his tears. I shake my head.

"Nothing, you did nothing wrong." I crouch in front of him so we're on the same level. "I just did a stupid thing in the spare of the moment. Please don't think you did anything wrong. This was all me." I say. He cries holding himself. I want to hug and comfort him but it's not appropriate right now. I can't believe I did this.

"Do you care about him?" He asks. Do I care about Taehyung? Well, I wouldn't say I loved him, I love Jungkook so, in comparison, I suppose not. I shake my head.

"No, I don't," I say. He raises his head from his arms and looks at me.

"Would you ever do it again?" He asks. I think of Taehyung and I think of having to see him every day at college and only being able to picture what we'd done together every time I see his face. If I get held back to talk to him, will I be lured again? Taehyung was probably only attracted to me physically, we hardly knew each other, so for me to even think of passing up a long-lasting relationship with Jungkook for Taehyung would be naive and stupid... but I'd already done it.

"No," I say but I feel like perhaps that wasn't true, even if I wanted it to be. He sits ups straighter.

"Then, maybe we can work through this." My eyes widen.

"Jungkook, I don't think you would ever forget what I've done. I can't imagine moving past this and you ever fully trust me again." I say knowingly. He stands up, taking my hand so I stand with him. we're stood close together.

"Then let's try it out. I'm can't give up on us so willingly." He says wiping his eyes. I can't believe I did this to him.

"Jungkook please don't do this to yourself. Just break up with me." He shakes his head.