continuing The Date...

Natsu's POV  

"NATSU!" Erza screamed in surprise. I was a little shocked to say the least, if anything this is unexpected.

"Do you two know each other?" Lucy asked confused, she was looking between the two of us because we were just by the door. "Y-yeah you could uh say that", I took my hand and placed it on my neck nervously.

I'm an assassin so you think I would know how to create a cover story on the spot. Guess not. "What do you mean?", Lucy asked innocently. No one to important just my friend and co assassin who is going to help me kill your father. I don't want to hurt Lucy more than I have to if ever given the chance. I don't know why but when I see her I'm insanely happy inside. She just seems to make things more fun. What?

"Natsu works at the restaurant that Jellal and I run together. I forgot that he was having a vacation and was a bit surprised. He said something about visiting family here" Erza seemed to have collected her thoughts on the matter. Meanwhile I'm a nervous wreck inside.

"And that is why YOU are going on a date with HIM" A girl with brown hair came from behind and wrapped an arm around Luce. "So then you can get to know each other", She finished off. 

Lucy blushed at this and I could feel some heat coming to my face a little as well. "Right, so go out and have fun.   You Natsu right?" The brunette pointed to me and made direct eye contact. I nodded in acknowledgement.

"Don't keep Lucy out too late alright? I need her home in the morning, meaning no overnighters if you know what I mean"

"Cana?! The hell?!", Lucy yelled in annoyance. Her cheeks painted red and her hands covering her face. I felt like I was being interrogated or at the least being lectured like a teenager.

"I promise we'll be back by uh 10", I said quickly. I gave one last glance at Erza and took Lucy's hand and rushed her out of the room."Woah!", Lucy yelped. "Come on", I cried and I smiled at her.

"Why are we running?", Lucy asked from behind me almost out of breath. Man this hallway is pretty long. "Your roommate/friend seemed like she wanted to kill me and I don't want us to be late for the reservation I made" I told her.

We took the stairs instead of the elevator, I forgot my pills in the car.
"Finally made it to the parking lot", she huffed breathlessly. I looked over to her and gazed. She looked amazing if not beautiful. Her blonde hair fell over her shoulders and her lips were slightly parted. Her hands were in her pockets and her breath could be seen due to the cold. So, her skin was pale with a tint of red on her nose.

She noticed me looking at her and asked, "W-what's wrong?".
"Nothing's wrong. You just look amazing", I said honestly and I smiled.

"T-thanks. You look pretty good yourself", she said and smiled that adorable smile. Is it bad that I've already fallen for her? I lead her to the car and we drove off to the restaurant I had reserved for us. Being a killer has it's perks, for example the pay is great. We laughed and talked for hours not noticing the time go by at all.

It felt like I've known her forever although I only met her a few days ago.

Lucy's POV 

Natsu was amazing. He would tease me here and there when I blushed and I laughed at the amount of food he was eating. "Sometimes I wish I had the ability to eat all that food. I just don't understand how you're so fit", I said to him.

He smiled at me, "Well I do run in the morning and I hit the gym sometimes with my friend Gray".

"I wish I could say I do the same but you and I both know that's a lie" I chuckled lightly and took a sip of my drink on the table. Natsu bought out the whole restaurant for tonight! I thought he worked in the restaurant with Erza, but I guess it must be a really good paying job. Maybe I'll look for some jobs later after this.

" What would you like to do after this?", Natsu asked. It was only 930 and I'm a grown woman, so I don't understand what Cana was saying about coming back at 10.

"We could maybe take a walk near the park across from here? ", I suggested.
"Seems like a great idea" Natsu said smiling. His SMILE was the best it makes my heart beat fast and I feel....different.  Natsu got up from his seat and offered his hand.

"My beautiful Luce, would you mind taking a walk with me?", he asked playfully.
"Why of course", I laughed and took his hand, blushing of course. It was warm and I felt something of a rush, I wonder if he feels the same.

We left the restaurant and started walking around a fountain, until it started to snow. The lamps around us were dimly lit and you could see the snow thorough the night sky.

"Hey Luce, I guess I won the challenge right?", He laughed. I smirked. "Oh please I haven't blushed more than three times", I lied playfully.

"Liar, what about the time at the apartment? Or at the restaurant? I call you beautiful, you blush. I say something funny, you turn red. I hold your hand, you blush! Just like what you're doing right now", He commented and brought our hands up as if to further prove his point.

"Fine, I may have blushed a little" I admit smiling. "Well, I do have ways to make you blush even more?", He stopped walking causing me to do the same.

" Oh yeah and what's that?" I challenge him. He comes closer, our lips only a centimetre away from each other. Is he about to kiss me?! I mean I've never had my first kiss, let alone date. How do i know if this is only part of the challenge or something? Does he even care? I just met him right?

With all of these thoughts rushing through my head, I pulled away gently. When I did I looked into his eyes and I could see the confusion and hurt flash over.

"S-sorry, I'm....uh.... it's almost 10 and Cana would be upset with me if I uh came any later", I say nervously backing away.

"Yeah, wouldn't want that happening", Natsu flashed a fake smile and I couldn't help but feel guilty.

Natsu's POV 

When Luce pulled away my heart dropped instantly. I thought she felt the same as I did or at the most cared enough. I haven't done anything wrong that I'm aware of. I thought she was having fun, I guess I ruined it.

We walked in silence, our hands each in our pockets. I drove her back home in silence with time to spare. I could hear my own breathing, it was so silent that I could here a pin drop of someone dropped it.

We got out of the car and walked inside, no words being spoken while my heart was slowly breaking.

We made it to her apartment and I said to her "Bye Luce". Then I walk toward the stairs heartbroken.

Lucy's POV 

What is wrong with me?! I like Natsu alot and I freaking pulled away!

"Bye Luce" Natsu gave me another take smile than walked toward the stairs. I was turning the knob but I looked at Natsu once more. Screw it.

"Natsu wait!", I called out and ran to him.

Natsu's POV 

I turned around hearing Lucy's voice and she was right there in front of me.

"Is something wr-" Her lips crashed onto mine and they were so soft. Not as I expected at all. I kissed her back immediately and I felt whole, completed. It wasn't rushed but it was gentle and I have no other words to describe it.  She has her hands wrapped around her neck and I has my hands around her waist.

Things got a little heated until she stopped and pulled away. We were both out of breath and I finally said breathlessly "Nice to know you feel the same".  I have fallen for a beautiful girl named Lucy Heartfillia and I have to kill her father.

Lucy's POV 

I have fallen for Natsu Dragneel. A guy with naturally punk hair.