Open fire

Lucy's POV

"Hey Levy, I finished the last few tables!", I called to Levy from the kitchen. I've cleaned tables, served food and organized some of the books. I actually like doing it as well.

"That's great Lu. Although you really didn't have to do this", Levy said to me smiling. She's so nice I'm happy to have made a friend like her.

"But...I was wondering because you were so good with the tables, maybe you'd like to work here? It would just be nice to have some help that's all!"

I couldn't stop smiling, "Sure of course! I would love too. When do I start?". My plan is to work here for the summer and then go to Magnolia in September. 

"Tomorrow would be nice. I'm closing up the cafe now though so I'll see you then", She said to me. "Alright. Bye!"

I started walking back to the apartment, as excited I was for the job I couldn't stop thinking of Natsu. He just left with no explanation and I feel horrible. Was it a family emergency? He asked me where we stood anyways not me!

*Time skip*  15 minutes

Oh yeah Jude texted me earlier. I thought to myself. I checked my phone and when I read over the message my eyes widened. Should I meet him or not? It's about 3:30 pm now and I could make it.

But...maybe I could go and tell him how I really feel. That phone call obviously meant nothing so I can tell him off now. He's done nothing but ignore me for most of my childhood and when he didn't...well I still felt isolated. 

Guess that's it, I'm going.

Natsu's POV

"Hurry up Natsu. We cannot miss this", Erza told me through her earpiece. We decided she would keep watch from inside and I would snipe from the roof across the restaurant.

I was feeling only slightly anxious while setting up. Although I've done this hundreds of times there is never not a tinge of guilt afterward. I'm taking a person's life and no matter how guilty they are, It's their life to live.

What's worse is the equal rush I feel once I've taken the shot. The adrenaline is like my own personal high, a boost to whatever I'm feeling in that moment. Once the light leaves the person's eyes I can't help but smile.

"Yeah yeah. I'm almost done", I said begrudgingly. When on a mission you need to remain focused at all costs. You cannot be distracted because then you might miss your shot. All feelings become mutual when on a job like this.

"So how are you and Lucy?", I hear Erza ask teasingly.
"Isn't that besides the point right now?", I ask slightly annoyed. I ditched Luce and I feel bad, which is something that would distract me.

"Well we are killing her father", Erza added on with a light laugh. I chuckled softly at the ill made joke. 

"Hey Natsu there's a car pulling up on the road.."

I looked down and saw a black car parking in front of the restaurant. Two men came from the side, both armed from what I could see. I suddenly say a man with blonde hair coming out.

"Natsu. I see Jude are you set up?", Erza asked in assurance. I nodded although she could only barely see me from inside. I loaded the rifle and aimed. He was just in view as I played with my two fingers on the trigger.

Coming into my direct line of view I took a breath, I paused. Another person was walking toward the restaurant. "Lucy?", I said in shock. Oh shit!

My fingers slipped on the trigger and took the shot! "Natsu get out of there now!" I could barley hear Erza yell as I shattered the window of the restaurant.

Suddenly it was an open fire battle.

Lucy's POV

I heard a gunshot and ducked down from sight. I screamed as it happened due to the shock. The window next to me shattered and suddenly my dad's men were shooting at a nearby roof.

It was bullets left and right and I could barely concentrate. I covered my ears and dashed into the restaurant, some people were screaming and someone else tried to call the police.

Natsu's POV

I suddenly stopped during and tried making my way off the roof. I dropped my earpiece but I had to leave it behind. I missed!

I made my way down the building and hid in an alleyway. I watched as the two men grouped back together and looked around once more. I slowly walked out until one of the men faced me.

He drew his gun and I didn't have enough time to react. Everything was suddenly a blur as a certain image came to mind, Lucy. 

Hope you enjoyed 😁