Run

Lucy's POV 

"Where have you been for the past 24 hours?!", Cana yelled once I entered the apartment. Giving no real second thought I just dragged her to our room and let her go. "Lucy, talk to me. You can't just leave me worried after the shooting story I saw on the news". I took off my sweater and coat, throwing it on the bed, along with the car keys to a now stolen car. 

I felt guilt wash over me as I looked at Cana, "You watch the news?". I asked out of confusion, an eyebrow raised, I didn't see Cana as the type of person to watch the news. 

"Oh she speaks! Yeah I do, where were you?", Cana crossed her arms in frustration or annoyance, maybe both. I on the other hand started to become paranoid, so I closed the door to our room and shut the blinds from the window. 

"Lucy! What are you doing?!" 

"Natsu is a murderer for hire and I just found out", I quickly rushed all the words out of my mouth. Still not quite comprehending my own words myself, It seemed to unreal.

"Wait, what? Natsu? The guy with pink hair and took you out a couple nights ago?", Cana didn't seem to believe me and came closer to me. She lifted her hand and placed it on my forehead. "Are you feeling okay? Did he give you some sort of drug?!" 

In annoyance and hurt I pulled back, "No! He used me and I woke up to find papers... and a computer .....and my father!", I started crying relentlessly. Tears streaming down my face, I collapsed to the ground on my knees and covered my face with my sweaty hands. I couldn't get over it, my feelings had been hurt. My friends lives were at risk or still are for having them met Natsu in the first place. He kills people's lives for a living, and for what? 

"So yesterday, the shooting?", Cana asked with worry crossing her features. "I was going to meet my father at that restaurant and all of a sudden there was gunfire. Later I.... saw Natsu with a wound, not really questioning how he got it although now it makes sense", I laughed a bit at myself trying to wipe away my tears. 

Cana crouched down in front of me and pulled me into a hug. "A- and what does him being a murderer for hire entail?", Cana's voice was laced in fear. I hugged her back, only really feeling safe at the moment, she really was a great friend. I moved away, now tired and leaned against the bed, Cana moved to sit beside me. 

"He wants to kill my father", I laid my head against the bed, now looking up at the white ceiling. I looked to her and saw she was looking at me with sad eyes mixed with fear. "You don't think he'll hurt you right?", She tried adding a lightness to her voice. "I don't know. It wasn't his original intention, I never gave him time to explain when I just left", I said lifelessly. I also pointed a gun to his chest from a small distance. Was I actually going to shoot him? I honestly have no idea. 

"I'm sorry Lucy, although to be honest, I don't know how to react!", Cana's voice began to raise higher in confusion, either it was hysteria or anxiety. "Erza knew him right!? And I haven't seen her since yesterday also, she said she was going to a bakery or some shit like that" 

"You don't think?", I started to speak and made a face of misbelief. 

"That Erza had something to do with it? Well I kinda do now. Gosh, I drank with her! Shared my apartment without even really knowing her either!", Cana stood up and began to rant. So this is what I get for leaving home, for trying to get away from the trouble my father brings himself. 

I stood up and placed my hands on Cana's shoulders, stopping her pacing, "We need to leave now". 

"What?" 

"We need to go, back to my dad's house. It isn't safe here", I speculated looking her dead in the eye. 

"Isn't that the last place we should be right now? He's after your father not you" 

"Yeah, well since when is knowing a murderer, a killer, an assassin safe?! At least he doesn't know where I live or else I'm pretty sure Jude would be dead already" 

"Then go by yourself!" 

I let my hands drop in confusion, "What?". 

"Yeah, you're my best friend but I have a life here. You brought Natsu here by your free will and I'm sorry that you're heart broken right now but this has nothing to do with me! I haven't seen you in almost over a decade, we were roomies for the best 7 days of my life, but still", Cana looked away from me. 

"Cana, look I'm sorry that I've brought this on you I am. But it's not my fault, none of this was my intention but do you think it's actually safe here?" 

"Yeah I do, you can go and I'll miss you. Keep in touch Lucy", Cana opened the door to her room and left. I felt another tear stream down my face but started on packing, I needed to leave but Cana was coming with me whether she likes it or not.