Chapter continued...

Lucy's POV 

~Time skip~ 

I'm a murderer. I have killed my own flesh and blood, my own father. I know I hated him for everything he's ever done to me but...... I lost myself in that moment. I only thought of the gun he held pointed to Natsu and the gun in my own hands. I wasn't planning on hurting anyone. 

Minutes later, maybe a few hours? Cana came in and took me from Natsu. I don't know if any words were exchanged or see her face of fear at the new dead body that was before me. Another guy with dark hair came in and inspected the body, I think I saw Erza too my own surprise. But I never said anything. 

I was taken outside and seated on the house steps, a few more cars came by and the bodies were all taken, my eyes were glued to the body bag coming out of the house. I stopped crying and leaned against Cana's shoulder as she supported me. 

"What happened?", Cana asked worried from the sounds of it. I untucked my crossed arms and pulled away from her support, looking at her with tired eyes. "I killed my father". I leaned back down in defeat and heard Cana quietly say, "It wasn't your fault". 

Natsu's POV 

A few people from FT came by, Mira checked the bodies and a few others were cleaning up the evidence. Others searching the house, most likely the damage and illegal papers that I saw flooded in one of the offices. Erza came down from the roof and spoke a few unimportant words with me. 

Are you alright? 

I moved passed her and started walking toward the sad, depressed blonde on the stairs, leaning against her best friend. 

"Hey Cana", I said nervously. "Asshole", She gestured, I deserved that and probably more. 

"Can I talk to Luce for a moment?", I asked but it was more of a plead of mercy. I couldn't leave her like this, it wouldn't be right. 

"No way, are you mental! You used her and-" 

"I need to say goodbye", I said sadly and looked down, my heart hammering due to my upcoming anxiety. Cana looked at Lucy for permission and she nodded soldemly, not looking in my direction and my heart broke. I crouched down to her level as the brunette left toward something or someone else, it didn't matter to me at the time. 

"Hey, Lucy", I began and placed my hand reasuringly on her shoulder, she shrugged it off. "What happened wasn't your fault it-" 

"I know", Her voice croacked and she looked up at me with no expression. "It's yours" 

I stayed silent and defeated, this wasn't the turn I was expecting at all. "It's your fault that I ended up in this mess, your fault that I came here and your fault that I killed my father!", She began to yell in anger and I couldn't blame her. I also couldn't help becoming defensive. 

"That's not fair-" 

"Yes it is!", She interrupted me and stood up, almost knockung me over. "If I had never met you, If I just let you suffer on that damn train! If you left me alone from there! It's all you!!". 

I glared at her darkly and stood, "I never pulled the trigger". I regretted the words that soon came out of my mouth and felt a burning pain on the left of my face. She fumed in anger and another tear fell from her face. 

"I'm sorry I-I didn't mean it-" 

"Save it, good bye Natsu", She began to walk away with her back facing me but I grabbed her loose hand beside her. "I love you", I heard my own voice crack and tears threatning to fall. 

"I used to love you too", She whispered under her breath but left before I could say anything else. I love her and I always will with my fucked up piece of shit heart.

Lucy's POV 

"Come on Cana let's go", I offered my hand to her with a weak smile which she reflected. 

"Yeah, let's get out of here, I'll drive.... to where again?", Cana asked now rounding to the other side of the car. 

"Let's try Magnolia, we can find a place there", I suggested now inside the car. 

We drove in complete silence and I never dared looked back at my wretched past. No, It was better to keep going, a new start, a fresh one.