Re written Epilogue

Lucy's POV 

It's almost been a year since the whole I-Killed-My-Dad incident. I've moved on... or at least tried to. 

Looking in a mirror for me is the worst feeling because looking into my eyes I see a killer. My dad's ghost is continuously haunting me, looking over my shoulder, but I feel no guilt for it. I felt nothing for him, the only thing that upset me is the fact that I killed a human being. Even if it was him. 

Nightmares of that day occur often, the ringing in my ears after the bullet was shot, the blood staining the floor and worst of all... his face when his life flashed before his own eyes. You could physically see the light die out and it's the last thing I see before I wake up.

No police were involved, shocker there and I wasn't bothered by you-know-who in the slightest. Still, Cana and I decided to move to Magnolia and now I'm attending the university here. 

She got a job as a bartender and I'd say it's fitting for her, although she drinks most of the time. I write to Levy from time to time and she visits once or twice it's nice that I never lost touch with her even after I basically ditched. Cana's father would also pop in at the apartment we bought for ourselves, more than supposed to I think. 

I was just reading one of my books and there was suddenly a knock on the door. Taking me by surprise, I jumped out of my seat after placing my book down. Maybe it was Gildarts, Cana's dad. What shocked me was when I opened the door a familiar scarlet haired girl stood outside my door. 

"E-Erza?", My voice became quiet that I almost wasn't able to hear myself. I became anxious and my heart began to beat faster when I pictured you-know-who being next to her. Although, she looked nervous.

"Hi, Lucy", She smiled a sad smile and rubbed her arm with a free hand. "Long time no see". 

"Yeah, uh come in I guess. Cana's just at wor-" 

"I was here to see you actually. Well I brought someone along with me to see you", Erza tried to explain. I nodded for her to continue but instead she moved away from the door and there I saw Natsu. 

He looked different I guess or maybe it's because It's been a year since I last saw him. I didn't want to see him either, I was just moving on. 

"Hi Lucy-", He began but was interrupted short by Erza. "I'll just give you two some space". 

She left outside the apartment and closed the door behind her, whereas I was still surprised at the sudden entry of the pink haired boy. 

"I don't think you should be here", I said my voice already cracking due to my lack of emotional self control. 

"I know... I don't deserve to be here either but I need to say this. I need you to here this from me", Natsu said. I nodded my head and urged him to continue, trying to mentally prepare myself for what he was going to say. 

"It's been a year and although I shouldn't be, I'm a mess. I've done some pretty bad things in my past and I've failed to regret my actions for any violence or harm that I've caused. 

"When I met you I began to look over my life choices, see a brighter future with you in them and in that time we barely knew each other. I love you Lucy Heartfilia. You don't have to feel the same at all, I'm not asking for your love in return I just need you to know this. You can hate me forever, never look in my direction or speak to me ever again, cast me aside or whatnot....", He continued on and my breath hitched at every word that came out of his mouth. 

"I won't stop fighting for you, for us again. I know I messed up, but would you believe me If I said 'I thought I was doing the right thing'? This year has been horrible for me and It didn't help for the people surrounding me. I can't move on from that day, when I saw you cry. Knowing that I made you cry out of all people in the world because I'm only living to see your smile again", He finished off with a weak smile on his tanned face. Tears slipped from my eyes and I cast my gaze away from the floor and into his green eyes. 

Nothing felt the same after that day, I blamed him for everything and myself for what happened. 

I killed my father to save him, HIM. I didn't have to, I could've let him die and my father would have lived but that Isn't what happened. 

Without thought I hugged him as If he were to be gone once I opened my eyes again. I felt his arms around me and I could even hear him cry into my shoulder, everything seemed okay. 

Everything was going to be okay. 

"I love you too"