Anabelle's Diary

Logan's POV
I left the hospital hours ago. I was at home changing into comfy clothes and getting my phone charger and wallet. Before I could leave again to the hospital so I can be with Anabelle, I informed Brendan and Evan on the incident. As much as they wanted to tag along, I said it'd be better for another time. Plus, I really need to talk to her. Just her and me.

As far as I know, Jake left the hospital already, so I don't have to worry about my brother for the rest of the night. The only question in my mind was, what happens next?

As I was about to head down the stairs, I stop and look at Anabelle's closed bedroom door. The room hasn't been touched since she's been gone.

I sighed and walked to the door, twisting the door nob. When the door was fully opened, I turned on the lights and see the white clean walls and the sticker quotes that she so much loves.

"Be a rainbow in someone else's cloud"

"Do it different. Be a Maverick."

The Maverick quote was really my idea. She loved it as well and made it into a sticker and stuck it on her wall. It matched with her room at least. Anabelle had photos of her family and friends and some photos of her brothers family everywhere. Something about Ana's room was unique and special.

On the floor, my eyes spotted a journal with letters that spelled ANA CASSITY. I walked over to it and picked up the unusual journal. I opened up a page and read 2 words: Dear Diary,

I closed the book, keeping my finger on that page.

Would this be wrong? Reading her diary?

I opened the book again and continued to read the journal entry.

Dear diary,
Logan caught me. Finally. After a while of him not knowing, he knows and I feel so shitty. I could have sworn that I was getting better. I was eating and I was doing great, until Lydia happened.

I never though I'd hear those words again. " You will never be good enough. You are a piece of shit."

I know people can be rude and harmful sometimes, but coming from a girl that I thought was nice as she seems was a surprise. She loves Logan and she can't handle him not loving her back. Well, he doesn't love her, as far as I know.

Once she said those words and much more towards me, I lost it. The demons in my mind yelled louder and louder until I bursted. I threw up my food. My happiness. I felt like I had let everyone down, once again. I felt like I had let Logan down.

Who would ever love a bulimic girl anyway?

I love Logan. I hate to say it but it's true. I never meant to fall for him so easily but I couldn't help it once he was reason I was smiling again. I fell for him thinking that there could be a way back from falling in love and now I just realized there isnt. I have fallen to hard.

Now that Logan knows, what's going to happen next? Well he continue being little Anabelle Cassity' hero or just back away like every fucking person? I was Logan to stay but I sure as hell can't force him to.

Or maybe Lydia is right. Maybe I really am not good enough for him. Maybe I really am a piece of shit. Maybe she really IS meant for Logan. But I don't want that to be true. Logan, I love you. I loved you before I even truly met you.

Love,
Ana

-
Nurses walked past me and doctors stood at the desks taking down notes of patients. I made my way down the hall toward Anabelle's hospital room. As I walked, I adjusted my backpack and flipped my hair to the side with the hand that wasn't holding Ana's journal.

4-28c

This is Anabelle's room.

I turned the nob and opened the door slowly. I looked inside and see Anabelle sleeping calmly on her hospital bed. She had a teddy bear next to her. I assumed that Gerber, her brother, had came by after he found out the news.

I set down my backpack on a chair and pull up another chair next to her bed. Ana's eyes were closed and her mouth was slightly opened. I smiled at my view. I hadn't seen her in such a long time, it felt so good to have her in front of me.

I sighed as I pulled my elbows on the bed and looked at her. My hands found hers and the tip of my thumb gently caressed the side of her hand.

" I'm sorry" I whispered. "I wish I could have taken everything back. I never meant to h-hurt you." I said.

Such a coward. She deserves better.

"I don't deserve your forgiveness, but I hope we can forget what was never meant to happen. My heart only wants you and- " I choked. I couldnt continue on with my sentence. It felt almost unnecessary. My mind kept repeating how dead I probably am to her. How stupid I am to even think, come close to thinking, that she could ever take me back. I lost her and what else do I have now? Nothing. Absolutely nothing. The day she walked out the front door of my house, the day I saw her ride down the road with her bicycle, I knew I had lost her. I knew she would never come back--

"I will always want you. " I hear.