2

[ Lydia's pov]

They arrived to mrs. Walker's house in the late evening. Emily gave Lydia her guest room, temporarily.  They ate dinner and she was beyond exhausted. Physically and mentally.
She said her goodnights and went to her room.

As she was changing her clothes, her phone's annoying ringtone echoed in the empty room. She flinched and the blouse was stuck above her head and arms. She stumbled to reach her phone.
"Fuck." She cursed under her breath.
Finally, she got rid of the blouse and threw it angrily on the bed.

"Hello?" She said as she answered the unknown number.
"hello. Sorry for the late call. This is styles inc." The lady on the phone said, politely.
"Yes. Yes. No problem." She answered quickly.

"You called this number which is connected to the job hiring?" She asked for confirmation.
"Yes that was me." She answered quickly once again. Pacing around the room nervously while sliding a hand through her chocolate curls.

"The job we're currently hiring is-"
"The maid." She cut her off.
"Mhm. What is your full name...please?" She asked as Lydia heard some buttons being pressed. She was writing something on the keyboard.

"Lydia clarkson." She answered while nodding.
"Hello ms. Lydia. Did you pay attention to the few Requirements?" She said professionally, almost as if they were rehearsed thousands of times.
"Yes." Lydia's answer was clipped.
"So, I understand from that that you're under 30, educated and Well mannered?" The lady asked.
"Yes. But, i didn't go to college." Lydia said slightly ashamed. 
"I guess, that's okay." The lady said bitterly, While Lydia rolled her eyes at her skeptical tone.
"How old are you, ms. Clarkson?"
"20." She answered finally, getting tired of pacing around and sat down on the edge of her bed.
"Fine. Please be aware that if you got accepted you will be a live-in maid for Mr. Styles. The interview will be on the following monday morning 9:00 am. In london and I'll send the exact location to your number, now.Please do not come late and sorry for the inconvenience of calling now. Thank you for calling styles. Inc."
The reception lady answered, professionally. "Yes. Thank you so much and no problem." With that she ended the call. "Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes" Lydia danced around. Wait. Did she just say live-in? Did she also say london? Emily's mom lived in Oxford. She didn't know how to feel about that but there was no other choice but to accept. She didn't overthink it because Suddenly, the bedroom door opened and Lydia was only in her bra as she realised that Emily's brother looked at her. His jaw dropped and Lydia quickly turned around giving Liam her back.

She quickly reached for her pyjama top and wore it quickly. When she was done she turned to face him and her cheeks inflamed.

Liam was covering his eyes but his mouth was still parted. "Uh. Hey, Liam. How are you?" She approached him awkwardly and gave him a short hug.

They were really close when they were younger and it's been a long time since she saw him, last. What a beautiful encounter. Lydia thought. Way to go, Lydia.

"Hey!" He replied while scratching the back of his neck. Liam always liked Lydia. She was always really cheerful and pretty with a strong personality.
She didn't deserve what happened to her in her childhood.

Childhoods are supposed to be a time were children were responsibility-free and pure innocence and playing and happy times. Unfortunately, not all childhoods are like this. Many, many people around the globe are like Lydia.

Parents-free...

"I'm doing great. How about you?" He said and after a moment his face changed.

"Uh...well." she trailed off.

"Don't answer that. That was a...stupid question."  He chuckled nervously.