22

(Lydia's pov)

"Lydia? What's wrong?" I hear harry's hoarse voice through the speakers of my phone.

"Nothing is wrong. About today-"

"I thought we had it sorted out? I'll pick you up at 8." He notifies me again. The tone of his voice making it clear he isn't alone and probably with a business partner.

"I do remember. A quick change of plans is what I'm calling for. Meet me at the amusement park." I smile while checking my freshly painted nails.

"What? We're going to have a discussion there?" He asks, quickly. Almost rushed.

"I'm the one that will get to decide, Styles." I sneak a fast wink to myself in the mirror.

"What?!" Looks like no one ever bossed him before. As they say, there's a first time for everything.

"Bye!" I hang up quickly so I can annoy him and quite frankly, I don't want to hear him complaining.

"1-0, Styles." I smile to myself and walk out of the large house.

"Hey, Z!"

"Goodmorning, Lyd! Ready to go?" He smiles his usual warming smile, hazel eyes glinting.

"You bet!" I laugh before kindly adding, "goodmorning to you, too."

"Shall we?" I give him a quick nod before he starts the engine, rolling off the gravel.

"so where is it that you want to go?" Zayn asks looking at me from the mirror.

"um i'll just pass by the grocery store then we'll head straight back home." He nods quickly and speeds the car.

——————————-

"that will be 24 dollars, ma'am."

"Great, thanks." I give the cashier the money along with tips and leave.

"Let's go back, Z."  He opens the door for me which I thank him for and place the groceries beside me.

—————————-

a knock on the door interrupts me, applying mascara.

"shit!" I snap and move to the door opening it.

"What?" I tell harry who's glancing at my figure    that's clad in blue shorts and a fitting tank top, before flickering his eyes back to my own.

"I'm ready." He looks down at his outfit which consists of a green shirt and a mid-knee short and sneakers. So casual and refreshing than what he wears. His hair brushed to the side, stubborn strand falling down on his eye which makes me want to reach out and touch it but stop myself in the last second.

"Well, I'm not." I shrug.

"You look perfectly dressed to me." He glances down again, eyebrow raised.

"I'm still applying makeup."

"It's been an hour, Lydia."

"Well, unfortunate for you." I start closing the door but his rock solid arm shoots out stopping me. He slides in and pushes me back against the wall.

Even though my heart is in my throat, I still won't let him after all he said a few days ago.

"I know that game you're playing." He looks down at me, his eyes screaming dominance.

"What game?" I tell him rather innocently even when I feel like i'm missing the devil horns to complete the look.

He suddenly turns arounds and leaves but after saying, "If you're not ready in five minutes, I'll come drag you myself." I shoot deadly stares to his back. "Stop looking at me like that."

what?

My mouth drops open and I start checking for a third eye in his back but he interrupts me mid-search. "Five minutes, Lydia. Five."

I roll my eyes at his authoritive tone and head back to continue my makeup.

After approximately two minutes and a half later I pull open the door confidently to find harry right infront of me.

"Finally?" He says with boredom lacing his voice. I don't answer and swing by him but his hand stops me and pulls me back to him.

"I said, finally?" He looks down at me, eyebrows furrowed. I stare at him in silence not giving the satisfaction of answering.

Instead I get my hand loose, somehow and start moving to the door when I hear his footsteps trailing behind.

The radio is playing some pop song in the background while neither of us speaks but what surprises me is when he breaks the silence just to ask, "why?" I look at him like he's grown a second head.

"Why the amusement park?" he says, eyebrow raised.

"It's fun." I tell him and it's his turn to stare at me weirdly.

"it's fun," I repeat once again before continuing, "to take control and watch you squirm." I smile, looking out of the window.

it's gonna be an interesting night.

————————————-
well, hi there! sorry i was too lazy, busy and was celebrating my birthday 🥳
enjoy this!!