Epilogue

Epilogue

~* Danny *~

Seventeen years.

It had been seventeen years without the love of my life, without my children. My father had passed, leaving me as a single Alpha without an interest in any natural she-wolf in my pack.

There was only one woman I wanted, and she left me due to a conversation she had overheard. I couldn't fathom why she wouldn't give me a chance, especially when we've come so damn far.

She couldn't hide from me forever, not when my son is the heir to the pack. His eighteenth birthday was coming soon and he'd have no choice but to accept his fate as a werewolf, given the fact that Gabi has kept them at bay.

I knew she remained instate, though I couldn't sniff her out and find her, I knew she was close... I could feel her. I could feel my family. And today, I could smell them all.

"Are you ready?" Lyle asked.

"I've been waiting many years for this, Lyle, I'm more than ready."

"Do you know what you're going to say? What you're going to do?" Kane asked.

"Nothing irrational, I assure you."

They both snickered.

Hell, I knew myself, I was going to lose my fucking mind when I laid my eyes on that woman. But I needed to be prepared for her to fight back. She was stubborn, and clueless, she'd argue her point to the grave. But I had been practicing for this one moment, the moment my children would arrive at my doorstep with a million and one questions.

"They'll get here first," Matt snickered. "I can smell Abby from a mile away."

"You're a pervert, dude," Zach said nudging him. "She's the Alpha's daughter."

"Not a relative of mine," Matt retorted. "Alpha's daughter or not, she'll be legal in less than a minute."

"You don't care that Matt's set his sights on your daughter?" Lyle asked.

How could I explain to them that I couldn't claim ownership over my own children? I helped create them, but I didn't raise them. I don't even feel like a father to them.

"Abby can like whoever she likes," I said. "Who am I to tell her what she can and can't do?"

"Her father."

I snorted.

"I may be her biological father but I'm not her dad," I sighed.

"What time is it?" Zach asked.

"3:14 am," Matt said. "They're coming."

I propped my chin on my fist and glanced at the door. They would be here. They wouldn't know where else to go. Gabi... now, she'd lose her mind and follow their trail once she realizes that they're not where they should be.

The scent hit me hard. The smell of their werewolf blood was divine to my nostrils. This was a scent I had missed for years and years.

Damn it, Gabi, why did you have to leave?

"Should we help?" Kane asked.

"No."

It didn't take as long as I had thought for them to show.

"Abby, in here," I heard Gabe say.

Seconds later, two twins came into sight. Abby wore a robe securely around her body while Gabe wore a towel. He looked like me, too much like me. Abby looked like her mother.