Chapter 1

Before you start reading, please note the warning in the description. Certain triggering topics appear in this story and it's not written very well. Hateful comments are not tolerated. Thanks.

Madeleine's POV
I am the luckiest girl on Earth. Laying in bed beside me is my gorgeous boyfriend of three years. We met during my senior year of high school, when he was about to graduate from Business school with my brother.

Flashback to Three Years Ago
It was pouring rain today, soaking me as I walked to my car. I was moving as fast as I could in heels, but it wasn't fast enough. My white dress was now see through and I could feel the stares I was receiving from a group of men near me. I heard whistles coming from their direction and I tried to move faster.

When I reached my car, a hand slammed against my door, stopping me from opening it. "Where do you think you're going sweetheart?" I close my eyes and take a deep breath before slowly turning towards the man. He licked his lips as he looked me up and down. Nausea hit me as I saw the lust in his protruding eyes.

As I look around for help, he grabs my arm aggressively and pushes me against the car. His hold on my arm tightens as he caresses my cheek with his other hand. I turn my head and close my eyes. I have never felt so afraid.
Suddenly, the man is ripped away from me. He's thrown against the pavement of the driveway. Someone jumps on top of him and starts beating his face in. Blood splatters across the ground. My eyes widen at the action and I slapped a hand against my mouth. After a few more punches, my savior gets up and strides towards me.

"Are you alright? Did he hurt you?" I shake my head but he still searches me for any signs of harm. He gently touches my arm when he sees a red mark from where the man grabbed me. His eyes soften when they reach my face. "Madeleine.." I tilt my head as he quietly speaks my name. He backs away from me, realizing who I am. He smiles. "I'm Darnell Aubin. A good friend of your brother's."
Flashback over

His alarm goes off and within minutes, he's jumping out of our king sized bed. I've never understood how people can get out of bed so quickly. It takes me at least half an hour to gain the energy to get up.

As he gets dressed in a charcoal suit, I roll off the bed ridiculously slowly. Taking my time walking to the kitchen to make Darnell his morning cup of joe . After the coffee is ready, I bring the steaming mug to him in his home office. Every morning before he leaves, he does a bunch of paperwork to bring with him. I don't know what he does at work, but I do know that my brother is his boss.
When Darnell sees me with his coffee, he sighs in relief. "Thank you, baby. You're the best." I roll my eyes before handing it to him, "Duh."

Instead of leaving, I start looking around his office. My eyes roam over the papers on his wooden desk. He raises an eyebrow as I do so. I sneak a look at his computer but he quickly turns off the monitor. I make a face at him and he stands up. "Madeleine, you know that my business is private. You can't be looking around." He gently pushes me out the door and then slams the door shut. When the sound of a lock can be heard, I groan in defeat.

I've been used to him hiding things but it has only gotten much worse as time goes on. We only talk in the mornings, rarely having dinner together. I try not to think much of it, because I am so in love with him. It really does blind you.

After getting ready, I grab my purse and suitcase. Today, I have to fly to New York to do a shoot for my best friend's clothing line. I normally wouldn't do this kind of line, as my confidence is

The door opens and his eyes automatically wander to the suitcase. Looking back up at me, he frowns. "Where are you going?" My face goes blank. "Babe, I told you I have a shoot in New York."

He groans, "I thought I told you? I don't like other people seeing your body." Rolling my eyes, I argue, "And I thought I told you that it's not your decision. I'm doing it for Alessandra. Now, I need to leave before I miss my flight." I begin to walk away.

"When will you be coming back?" He yells quickly. I shrug in response before walking out the front door.

Finally, after a long flight, I reach the hotel room. I quickly texted Alessandra to tell her I arrived. Not even a minute passed when she replied back with the address for the shoot. I called an Uber to drop me off.

As the Uber drives away, I walk into the studio to see a beautiful set up. A screech echoes throughout the room. My best friend, Alessandra runs toward me and jumps on top of me. "I missed you so much Madeleine!" I laugh, "I missed you too!" She kisses me on the cheek.

"Okay girls, go get ready now. Enough messing around," the photographer chuckles. We sit next to each other in separate chairs while catching up and joking around as our hair and makeup gets done. Alessandra and I met shortly after I graduated high school. I'd do anything for her.

The shoot was very long. Alessandra and I got back to the hotel late. She suggested we relax in the hot tub before bed. I agreed that it was much needed. After a half hour in the hot tub, we headed up to our hotel room and ordered chinese food.

"Alessandra, this is so much food!" I laugh. She glares at me, "Are you kidding me?! This is only enough food for me, I don't know what you think you're eating." I roll my eyes and use my chopsticks to pop a piece of sushi in my mouth.

The next morning, we went shopping before going home. Hours passed and now we were browsing handbags in Sax Fifth Avenue. "Alessandra, I'm so tired. Can we go back to the hotel now? Our flight is in a few hours." She groans but reluctantly nods her head. We headed back to the hotel where we packed our stuff and hopped into an Uber. We wait at the airport for awhile before our flight is called so we quickly board. On board, I feel myself falling asleep.

I wake up to Alessandra shaking me. "We're back in Florida, Mads."

It's 10pm when I finally enter my house. "Darnell?" I call out but no one replies. As I walk up the stairs to our room, I hear a noise. My heart drops into my stomach as I realize what I'm hearing. I quicken my pace until I reach the door to our room. The noise is louder now.

I swung the door open and I know that I will never be able to unsee the scene before me. Throwing a hand over my mouth, I run to the bathroom. As soon as I reach the toilet, I'm puking.

Darnell gets up and throws clothes on before following me. "Madeleine! What are you doing here?" Tears run down my face and I can't speak. I stood up and slowly walked back into the room. My eyes wander to the clothes scattered across the floor and then to the maid, who is on our bed naked. I look at her in disgust. Her face is flushed. I can't tell if it's embarrassment or from the sex. Probably both.

Saying nothing, I start grabbing my things from our room and throwing them into bags, suitcases, anything I could find. "Madeleine, what are you doing?" I don't reply. He grabs my stuff from the bags and throws them out onto the floor.

"You're not going anywhere." Now I'm furious. I stand up and yell, "How dare you! I am leaving, and you will not stop me or I will tell my brother!"

Darnell laughs, "You think he will believe you, whore?" Before I can stop myself, I scream in his face, "Fuck you!" With that, he slapped me across the face and grabs me roughly by the throat. "You are mine," he hisses in my ear. I bring my hands to my throat, trying to pry his hands off me. He lets go, only to bring his fist to my face before throwing me to the floor. His foot strikes my stomach over and over again, before he spits in my face and walks away.

I cry out, as he leaves the room, taking the maid with him. She looks back at me in pity. Quickly, I grab my phone from my back pocket and call Alessandra.

"Hello? Madeleine?" I try to answer but I can't make a sound. "Madeleine, are you okay?" I bang my fist against the wood floor, hoping she'll understand that I need help. "If you need me to come get you, knock three times." I knock three times, sobbing. She gasps, "Okay, Mads. I'm coming to get you. I'll bring some guys with me. Don't hang up, stay on the phone with me." Sobbing, I hope she'll get here fast enough.

My eyes flutter open when I hear loud yelling. Through blurry eyes, I see Alessandra kneeling on the floor next to me with tears in her eyes.