Chapter 6

Madeleine's POV
We're sitting down at some diner for breakfast while joking around with each other, when a loud ring interrupts us. I roll my eyes as Sebastiano pulls out a phone from his pocket.

"Hello?" He asks into the phone. I could hear a deep voice on the other side of the phone. Seb's was enraged in a matter of seconds. Abruptly, he stands and exits the building. Curiously, I watch him from the window as he paces, yelling into the device. His lips are moving furiously while his eyebrows are furrowed and his eyes give off a terrifying feel.

Suddenly, his eyes are staring back at mine. I quickly divert my gaze to the countertop at the other side of the room. I tilt my head in confusion and squint my eyes at the familiar figures. I notice a pale woman with long, dark brown hair in a french braid sitting there, drinking a coffee while chatting with a dark skinned man with short, wavy black hair.

She turns her head to look at me, her serious expression drops. A smirk appears on her lips and she winks at me. My eyes widen with surprise at the revelation. I pick up my coffee and take a sip, suddenly feeling thirsty.

Looking outside, I notice that Sebastiano is no longer there, and neither is his car. I scoff, what the fuck? I call the waitress over in a hurry and ask for the check.

"The bill has been paid by the man you were with. He told me to tell you that he's sorry." I say a quick thanks before heading out the door. The sky is cloudy and looks as if it might start pouring at any second.

I look around, trying to decide what I should do. I could call a Uber, but that's sketch and I don't trust it.

"You need a ride?" I hear a woman call from behind me. My body stiffens and I pretend I don't hear her. A small, soft hand grabs onto my wrist and pulls me around.

Narrowing my eyes at her, I ask, "What do you want Camille?"

"I need your help." I couldn't help but laugh, "Of course you do. What is it this time?"

"Bel is hiding something from Darnell. Darnell has become suspicious and is planning on turning Bel's men against him. I need you to talk to your brother. If I say anything to Belmont, Darnell will kill me. I know you haven't spoken to your brother in months, but I also know you still love him unconditionally. If you don't do this, your brother will end up dead. Soon."

Taking a deep breath, I let it all in. I take a minute to decide before replying, "I'll do it. He's my brother, I don't want him dead." She nods in understanding. I awkwardly laugh, "So... you wanna give me that ride?" Camille smiles before leading me to her car.

Instead of going home, I had Camille bring me with her to Belmont's house. After getting out of the car, I slowly walked towards the front door of the house. As I stare at the wooden door, Camille takes my hand and leads me inside. Stepping inside, I took a deep breath and followed Camille down the hall and to the door of my brothers office.

A deep voice from the other side indicated that my brother was inside. I knocked softly before the door was thrown open. Belmont stood in the door frame, his eyebrows furrowed with confusion.

"Can I talk to you?" He didn't move or say a word. Thinking he must have a guest in the office, I looked behind him, trying to see who it was.

Bel closed the door a little, so I couldn't see inside. I put my hand on the door, to stop him from closing it more. Then, I pushed him out of the way, hard. He was slammed against the door frame. I was shocked to see Sebastiano sitting in a chair across from the desk. "Are you fucking kidding me?"

I turned around and yelled, "What is going on?!" Looking back and forth between the two, I waited for them to say something. When neither of them answered, I scoffed. "Alright then," I looked at Bel with a hard expression. "I only came here to tell you that your men are turning on you. Delmont specifically. So, not sure what you plan on doing but whatever. Good luck."

As I walked to the door, a hand grabbed my arm. I squeezed my eyes shut, knowing it was most likely Sebastiano. "Principessa..." He whispered against my neck. I bit my lip and shivered, my eyes still shut.

I was turned around by a pair of rough hands before those same hands gently cupped my face. "Why are you so upset?" I snapped my eyes open, "You left me at that diner to visit my brother behind my back. That is why I'm upset." I grab his hands and pull them off me. "I'm leaving."

I turn around and exit the room. Camille smiles softly at me, in sympathy. "Could you bring me home?" She nods, "Of course, let's go."

The ride home was quiet. Camille questioned about my relationship with Sebastiano. I wanted to talk about it but, not with her.

As soon as I entered my apartment, I pulled out my phone and hit the only contact in my Favorites. "Hey, could you come over?"

I'm laying across my sofa when the door opens. Alessandra walks in, smiling. She puts her Coach purse down, takes off her heels, and lays on the other side of the sofa. "So, what's up?" When she says that I groan dramatically. "He's so annoying! How could I begin to fall for someone so damn quickly? He's just going to hurt me. I shouldn't want anyone yet but here we are. Everytime he opens his mouth, I just want to suck his dick. Uuuuugh." I throw myself to the floor and whine.

Alessandra laughs but then she goes quiet. "Wait, are we talking about Lucian or my brother?" "Oh shit," I slap my hand across myself. "I forgot he was your brother for a minute. Whoooppppsss." She snorts, "I didn't even know you were seeing him."

"I'm not. He slept over last night but that's it. And we didn't even do anything. I had to resist." I admit.

"I could've sworn you and Lucian had something going on...." She wiggles her eyebrows at me.

"Uhhh, Lucian's hot and all but I'm not sure it's a love connection or anything." She hums, "So you're saying you think you and my brother have a connection?"

I let out an awkward laugh, "I don't know. But I want him." We both stay silent. After a few minutes pass, Alessandra asks, excitedly, "Did you hear about this large gala that mamma and papà are planning? It's going to be huge! Mamma asked me to invite you. It's this friday!" I check the calendar on my phone, it's Sunday. That gives me a few days to find a dress. "We have a shoot for your line that same day, Ale." "Yeah, but that's during the day. The gala starts at 6:30. And we can just leave that makeup on and the same hairstyle for the gala."

I give myself a moment to think before replying, "Okay, sounds fun. Will there be booze?" Alessandra laughs, "Of course there will."

The days go by quickly, a couple of days ago Ale and I went shopping and found our dresses within a few hours. We were taking a break during our lingerie shoot when Ale squeals. I look over, after taking a bite of my salad, to see Francesco and Lucian. Alessandra sprints over to Francesco and hugs him. Her assistant freaks out, yelling, "Alessandra, please don't ruin your makeup!" I laugh.

Lucian makes his way over to me and whistles. "Wow, Mads. You look gorgeous." I look down to realize I didn't put my robe on after the last pose. I look up at him laughing. His eyes rake down my body, shamelessly. I bite my lip, his eyes flicker to my mouth and I can tell he's getting turned on. I am too.

A loud voice breaks me out of my trance. I look over to see Sebastiano talking to Francesco. I snap my head back to face Lucian, "Why are you guys here?" "Uh, Alessandra invited us to see what you guys have been up to." I roll my eyes, of course she did.

The photographer announces that it's time to get back to work. Two stylists run towards me to fix up my hair and makeup before doing the same for Alessandra.

I walk over and listen to the photographer's orders. I lay down on a grey sofa, on my stomach and pull off my white bra. An assistant takes it from me before scurrying off the set. The camera clicks as the photographer take picture after picture. I seductively pose as I watch Sebastiano and Lucian watch me. I can see the lust in both pairs of eyes.

After several poses, I go to sit in my seat while it's Ale's turn. Lucian approaches me and clears his throat. "So, Mads, I was wondering if maybe you wanted to be my date for tonight's gala?"

Before I could respond, someone speaks up, "She can't. She's going with me."