Chapter 13

Waking up again with Sebastiano everyday for the past few weeks, snuggling me closely was nice. It was better than nice actually. My heart clenched at the thought of another woman fulfilling his needs while I lay in bed, heartbroken over the loss of our baby. I knew I wanted children, but I didn't know Sebastiano felt the same way.

In hurting me, by sleeping with someone else, Sebastiano didn't know that he was hurting himself too. It was that moment, with him kneeling in front of me, tears pouring down his face, that we both realized it. He didn't have to say anything, it was clear as day that he had intense feelings for me.

I hear Sebastiano take a deep breath, making me look over at him. His dark eyes were combing over me, as if taking in the sight of something magnificent. I felt heat rise to my cheeks and I gave him a sheepish smile.

"What are you doing today?" I ask.

"Well, I thought we could head out on my yacht." My eyes widened in surprise. I had assumed he'd have some business to take care of elsewhere.

"Sounds delightful," I reply with a smile, excitement dripping from my words. With quick movements, I roll on top of him and give him a soft kiss. Instead of accepting the single kiss, Sebastiano reaches for another. This time, we didn't pull away after our lips met. As I moved my lips against his, his tongue flicked over my bottom lip, demanding entrance. I slightly opened my mouth, letting him have access.

An hour later, we were both laying bare on the bed, panting. This was the first time we'd had sex since he cheated. I hadn't wanted to, because it felt dirty but after convincing me he had used a condom, I caved. I had almost forgotten how sensual it was, to lay in front of Sebastiano's longing eyes as I captivated his every move.

Sebastiano got up in one swift movement and walked towards our closet. He disappeared inside for a minute, only to reappear in jeans and a white short sleeved shirt.

"Let's go, Principessa. Let's not keep them waiting," his wide grin showed off his white teeth, contrasting with his dark, tanned skin.

"Keep who waiting?" I ask curiously as I get up from the bed. He walks out of the room, leaving me wondering.

Quickly, I grab a yellow sundress with flowers from the closet and shimmy it on, calling after him, "Who's waiting?"

Pulling the straps over my shoulders, I slid on my white flip flops. I rush to brush my hair and I put it in a low bun, sitting at the back of my head. Once I'm done, I run after Sebastiano.

On our way to the waterfront, Sebastiano left it a surprise who was meeting us there. When we arrived, I excitedly followed him onto the boat.

"Surprise!" I hear familiar voices yell. The deck of the yacht was decorated in balloons and streamers, and there were a variety of snacks on the table.

Alessandra runs forward and hugs me, "Happy Birthday, Mads!" My eyes widen. It's my birthday? How could I forget?

I glance behind her and see Lucian, Francesco and even Belmont. Once my eyes reach Bel's, a large smile replaces the shock on my face. He's wearing a blue short-sleeved button-up and tan pants, his large arms crossed over his chest. I can tell he's cautious being around Sebastiano and his men, but he hides it well.

"Happy Birthday, little sister," Belmont pulls me in for a light hug, and kisses my forehead.

"Happy Birthday, principessa!" Lucian yells, slurring his words. You could tell he already had a few too many, and it was only noon. I let out a joyful laugh, being surrounded by all my favorite people was definitely a great way to spend my twentieth birthday.

After being handed a mimosa, Alessandra and I stretch out on reclined chairs on the top deck of the yacht.

"Do you have any special plans for your summer?" She asks, curiously, taking a small sip from her beverage.

"Nope, nothing. You?" I ask, in return.

"Actually, I have a gig working with a big shot Italian designer. We need models, and I was thinking of how great it would be to travel Europe with my best friend. What do you think?"

"Wow, that sounds great! I'd love to. I'll have to talk to Sebastiano first though."

She waves her manicured hand, "Already done. He said it's a great idea."

I raise an eyebrow, "He did?"

Alessandra downs her glass and grabs my hand, pulling me up. We walk towards the men and Alessandra yells, "We're going to Europe!" They look at me, assessing my attitude towards the idea. I shoot them a smile and nod enthusiastically.