Epilogue

"Just one more push, Madeleine!" The nurse yelled over my screams. Pushing as hard as I can, I heard the cries of my new baby. She cleaned him off before laying him on my chest. I brushed his hair back with my palm. His tiny head fit perfectly. Sebastiano had tears in his eyes as he admired his son. Belmont.

The door was thrown open and Lucian walked in holding the youngest child in his arms while the three others jumped around him. His son, Andrea was obsessed with Palatina, but she's never really had a thing for boys. They're now four years old. Sebastiano and I also had two more daughters, Marcella and Lucia, ages three and one.

Palatina led the other children towards me. She smiled widely as she took in the sight of her baby brother. "Mama, can I hold?" I nodded, a smile of my own spreading across my face. Sebastiano sat her in the rocking chair and placed the newborn on her lap, making sure her arms were secure around him before slowly removing his own. He held his hands near her arms, making sure he didn't fall.

Marcella crowded the rocking chair, she looked excited, as if he were a new toy. Lucia was babbling in Lucian's arms, oblivious to much as her growth has been very slow. However, Palatina had a look in her eyes that showed a protective side to her. She was very protective over all of her siblings, so it was no doubt she would be a huge help with Belmont.

After giving her a few minutes, Marcella had a turn with the baby. Then we sat all of our children in the chair and took a picture. I watched them with a warm heart. These are my babies. As much as I love Sebastiano, I love them more and would do anything to protect them. Palatina smiles proudly as she sits with all of her siblings. My little princess.
___

The soft melodic tune played in the church. I wiped my sweaty palms on my white dress and bit my cheek as anxiety flowed through me.

"Mama!" I turned around to see my beautiful daughters lined up next to each other wearing the same white dresses on them. Their hair is pinned up with curls and baby's breath flowers. Absolutely precious. Palatina is now six, while Marcella is five and Lucia is three. Belmont is the ring bearer, he's two now. He'll be escorted by Andrea, Lucian's six year old son.

My father died when I was very young, so my brother Belmont was always supposed to walk me down the aisle. Since his death, things have been different and I miss him everyday. So, because I have no family to walk me down, Lucian decided it was more important for him to walk me down the aisle than to be the best man.

The girls walked out one after another, each holding a white flower. Lucian linked arms with me and said, "You ready, Principessa?"

I give him a soft smile before replying, "Yes." And with that, we began our descent down the aisle. My nerves start to get to me until I look up from the floor and make eye contact with the love of my life, Sebastiano.

Once we reach the altar, Lucian kisses my cheek, receiving a glare from Sebastiano. Lucian sits down and the priest begins to speak. I'm not paying attention to what he's saying as I gaze into Sebastiano's eyes, until it's time for me to say my vows.

"Sebastiano Romano, what can I say? I fell in love with a man that was there for me at a time where I had no one else and I needed something to make me want to live. He gave me a reason to live. No matter what we've been through, we come out stronger. You're the man I fell in love with, baby. We have four precious children that are as stubborn as their father but as beautiful as him too. I promise to love you with all my heart, and to keep fighting with you, by your side forever."

Sebastiano takes my breath away as he says, "Madeleine Dubois, soon-to-be Romano, you're the stubbornest, dangerous, most beautiful woman I've ever met. And I'm so glad I'm going to be able to call you my wife in a few minutes. I've been waiting since that day I held you in my arms for this moment. I'm so happy for the children we've created, because not only are they like me but they have compassion and consideration and they're open minded, just like you. Please stay with me forever, be by my side forever, and I promise I'll love you.. forever."

"You may now kiss the bride." Sebastiano's lips are on me instantly. Our lips move together, like they're connected. As one. Just like us. His arms are wrapped around my waist, holding me closely. Our kids shout, "Yay!" as they jump up and down.

Belmont runs to me, pouting and pulls on my dress, "Mama!" I pull away from Sebastiano and laugh. "He gets jealous, like his father." Sebastiano rolls his eyes, "Whatever."

I bend down to pick Belmont up, and the girls surround me. Palatina asks, "Is it time for cake now?" Laughing, I state, "We'll have cake soon, my girl. Let's get in the limo and head to the reception now."

After piling into the limo, we make our way to the reception hall. Once we get inside, everyone we know is already waiting for us. Music blares from the stereo and the kids run around, as if the music is making them even crazier. Hopefully they'll tire themselves out by bedtime.

At cake time, Palatina practically drools while watching me cut the cake. I pass out plates of cake to everyone before sitting down and enjoying a plate of my own piece, and feeding bites to Belmont.

Once everyone is finished, the DJ calls Sebastiano and I onto the dance floor for our first dance as newlyweds. We come together and wrap our arms around each other before swaying to Can't Help Falling in Love.

"I love you, Sebastiano Romano."

"I love you even more, Madeleine Romano."