Chapter 11

Madeleine's POV

Two months after the night in the club, Sebastiano and I are inseparable. We're always engaging in some sort of physical contact, as if it's not going to last.

"Two scoops, chocolate chip for me and," Sebastiano turns his head slightly to look at me as he orders our ice cream from the stand. "What do you want, Principessa?"

Clinging onto his arm, I consider my options. "Mm. Two scoops of strawberry with chocolate sprinkles!" I exclaim with a wide grin on my slightly sunburnt face. We'd been spending a lot of time outside, at the beach, amusement parks, etc. The sun made my freckles stand out, but it also gave me reddened cheeks and shoulders.

"Two scoops of strawberry with chocolate sprinkles for my girl," Sebastiano drawls.

Once we received our cones, we walked towards a picnic bench near the stand. I took an eager lick from my ice cream before it could start melting. Sebastiano took his time with his ice cream while I devoured mine instantly.

"You have a little on your face." I pout at his comment, "Where?" I start wiping my chin but he grabs my hand and inches his face towards mine. Poking out his tongue, he licks the ice cream off my chin. The feeling of his wet tongue on my skin made me shiver in excitement.

As he backs away, I stare at him with my mouth open. A devilish smirk plays on his lips. He knows very well how capable he is of controlling my emotions. I lick my lips, feeling them become suddenly dry.

"Fuck this." Sebastiano throws his cone into the trash and lowers himself onto one knee. I narrow my brows at him in confusion.

"Madeleine Dubois, Principessa. I know we haven't been dating long but I can't stop thinking about you and wanting to spend time with you. I can't think straight as a mob boss without knowing you're mine. Will you marry me?" Speechless, I stare at him with wide eyes.

"I didn't even know we were dating. Since when were we dating?" He looks taken aback at my question, looking at me like I had three heads.

"You've been my girlfriend since the day you moved in with me," he explains, like it made sense. "Now, will you marry me?" He asks, impatiently.

I slowly nod my head, only doubting my choice after I say, "Yes."

Sebastiano rises to his feet to pull me in for a long embrace. He held me in his muscular arms and in the silence, I could only hear his soft breathing. Pulling back, he takes my dainty hand in his and leads me to his convertible.

We didn't speak during the ride home, I was too flustered with emotion and lust. Once we arrived, we took each other's hands and entered our large home.

As soon as the door shuts behind us, I'm slammed against the wall next to the stairs. My lips are captured by Sebastiano's and I'm breathless within seconds. We passionately move our lips together, kissing like it's the last thing we're ever going to do. It's the only thing I ever want to do.

He starts to pull me towards the stairs when a sharp pain in my pelvis makes me stop, gasping. I take my hand out of Sebastiano's and place it on my lower stomach. Suddenly, I feel a rush of liquid coming from my vagina. I look down at my legs under my short dress and see blood dripping down my inner thighs.

Sebastiano's eyes meet my gaze and immediately, he picks me up and brings me to the car. I feel severe cramps in my abdomen and tears fall from my eyes. I just got my period last week, it was lighter and shorter than usual, but it was there.

At the hospital, I lay on the bed in a gown, clutching my stomach. Sebastiano strokes my hair, whispering soothing words to me.

A knock brings us out of our daze.

"Mrs. and Mr. Romano?" The doctor says, entering the room.

"Uh, actually Miss Dubois for now," I say. The doctor nods.

"It appears you had a miscarriage." My eyes widen in shock as my heart drops.

After explaining what that means for my body, he suggested seeing a therapist if needed before leaving to start my discharge.

I look at Sebastiano who's staring at the door, where the doctor had left through. "Sebastiano?" He shakes his head. I can see his eyes watering for a second before he takes a deep breath in and stands up.

Taking that as a 'I don't want to talk', I sigh.

Sebastiano was very gentle with me, getting me home and in bed. He even tucked me in, placing a soft kiss on my forehead. I longed for him to talk about it. We never discussed kids, hell we just got engaged after a few months.

Pushing it out of my head, I decided to let myself cry about it tomorrow.

Sorry for the short chapter. TMP was only 22 chapters long when I originally wrote it but I have an additional plot for the rewritten version to make it longer. Please make sure to comment and vote!

Also, I made a group on Facebook and I'm going to be sharing EXCLUSIVE content and updates. The link is on my profile. I might start with some Francesco and Alessandra teasers since that'll be another book in the future. Xo, Em