[7] I'll Keep you Safe, But Don't Go Believing I'm Nice [7]

"How's Cayde?" I wanted to stop talking about myself, since i had already said so much.

"He should be okay, this has happened before" Her face became red.

"What was that rain? It broke my helmet" It was far beyond my repairs, i would need to take it to some kind of professional.

"Its kind of like acid. It burns through metal very easily people not so much." She explained while tending to Cayde's unconscious body

"How comes AZ is okay then? Cayde malfunctioned.."

"Im not to sure. AZ must have some kind of shield to protect him, right?"

"THAT IS CORRECT. IT IS ABLE TO WITHSTAND MANY VARIATIONS OF IMPACTS"

"Thanks AZ. You should talk to Cayde about upgrading him once he is awake and well." She smiled at AZ. She seemed emotionally hurt, i didn't want to ask her about it because i didn't want to invade her privacy, i respect it.

After a little while of silence and sitting by the campfire. Cayde eventually woke up

and to say the least,

he was shocked to see what i look like.

He looked down, saw my helmet shattered on the floor and put two and two together. "I know someone who can fix that for you." Considering his comedic personality, he didn't make a joke out of my situation, he knew i didn't want this.

"Thanks Cayde. I appreciate it." I smiled at him. And it felt weird to say the least, i can't even remember the last time I had my helmet of and smiled. But it felt good too...

I eventually began to feel uncomfortable with Cayde, he isn't the best consultant.

"AZ, Can we go for a walk or something, i want to have some fresh air."

"OF COURSE PILOT, DUE TO THE RAIN I SUGGEST YOU EMBARK"

As i climbed inside AZ, i told the others i would be back soon, they didn't seem to ask where i was going, which was fine, i didn't even know.

"ARE YOU OKAY MS COOPER? YOU SEEM TO BE ACTING DIFFERENTLY."

"Auh, to be honest with you AZ, I dont know.. I enjoyed opening up with (Y/N) but I feel regret somewhere in me."

"THAT IS COMMON MS COOPER, THIS SHOULD PASS SOON."

"Thanks AZ." I glanced at the digital clock inside of AZ, 3am.. "Im going to get some sleep AZ. Don't go to the cave, just stroll around and wake me if anything happens."

"AFFIRMATIVE" He unholdered the Leadwall, and turned off the display, allowing me to drift off peacefully.

------------------------------------

<- ???'s POV ->

"Bux, We are stranded here!" I was panicking, we had been stuck under a tree for the past few hours due to the rain.

"That is not our biggest problem,some kind of unknown enemy seems to be making their way over to us." He was talking about the giant robot in the distance. I heard about this person, but most of it was bad.

"We're screwed Bux, any ideas?"

"Talk to them, they can't be all bad? Can they?"

"Oh yeah, bet." I looked over to the giant robot, they were coming our way, fast. "They arnt breaking in the rain. Reckon we can ask for a ride?"

"IDENTIFY YOURSELF" It spoke...

"Hiya! I'm Kat, this is Bux!" I was being as friendly as i could, i don't like things getting messy.

"The names Mimick, and AZ" The other voice called from inside the robot, meaning it was a meka?

"Nice to meet you!" This converstaion was going to get stale soon if i didnt say something. "I have heard alot about you!"

"Oh yeah? Like what?" The robot crouched down and looked at us. Its giant blue eye lit up my face like a spotlight.

"Uh.." I was absolutely done for. "About how you are helping the Vanguards! I think its great, I wish i could see them again."

"Hm, you know them?"

"Yeah, i used to be friends with Cayde-6. Have you met him?"

"YES WE HAVE MET HUNTER VANGUARD CAYDE-6"

"I like your Meka."

"He's not a meka. He's a titan."

"I'm sorry. The rain has just been stressing me out." I looked up at the titan. "How comes you are not breaking down?"

"I AM HEAVILY ARMORED KAT. THIS RAIN IS NOT A PROBLEM TO ME"

"I wish i was armored like you. We have been stuck here for about a few hours. Is there any chance you could help us out of here?"

"I'll keep you safe, but don't go believing i'm nice" I could hear movement inside of the titan, followed by it opening very slightly. The person inside's had came out of the small gap, holding a large piece of cloth. "Eyes. My helmet is broken and you're not seeing what i look like."

"You're not going to kill me are you?" I joked.

"Nope. You're a Guardian, you would just come back. Just put the damn blind fold on." They seemed adgitated. "If you know Cayde then i will take you to him."

"Really? You know where he is?"

"Yes. Now hurry the fuck up or i'll leave you." They demanded

"Okay sorry." I put the blindfold around my eyes. "Now what?

"Just relax" The titan picked me up and put me inside them. 100% sure i'm sitting on the persons lap.

<- Mimick's POV ->

"Cayde. AZ and I are coming back now, with someone called Kat, she says she knows you?"

"Kat.... and Bux?" He replied through the comms, kind of surprised to say the least.

"Yes, Bux is my Ghost" She nodded her head.

"Yeah Cayde. So she is safe?"

"Yep! We used to be friends."

"WE ARE ON OUR WAY HUNTER VANGUARD CAYDE-6"

"Atta boy"

"Don't Cayde. Unless you want your ass in the rain."

"Sorry."