[16] RED FLASHING LIGHTS [16]

<-Mimick's POV->

Hazel,

Hope you're feeling well and you're chill and not startled. The last thing i need is to be yelled at, and yelling doesn't work. Ask Shaxx.

Jet and I had to take your ship to get to the EDZ and get the electric rod thing. I'm sad that you didn't get to see my new armor. I'm pretty sure you would have liked the back ;) We didn't take too long, Jet showed me his moves and I have to admit, i'm pretty jealous! He might have to teach me something, along side you obviously.

Whenever I go away never worry about me. I get into worse danger than this whenever i'm on Titan with the stupid Hive.

I made sure not to crash your ship. I'm pretty sure Bux wanted to take over but i assured him i was fine. Bux complains about my piloting skills when it wasn't my fault that my ship crashed. Cabal were bastards and shot it down. But anyway! When you wake up (and you're feeling better) find me in the hangar and we can get ourselves something to eat, just me and you.

-Kat

P.s. I might be rushing into things but i have never been so sure of anything as i am now.

I love you.

She loves me? Oh fuck.. I have no idea what i think of her, sure i liked the night before but i would rather focus on my Pilot duties and getting home... Right?

I needed to get my mind away from her. Back home I used to turn to other people for, certain favors, but i managed to break that habit when i became a pilot. I later turned to eating to deal with stress and emotions, and that's exactly what i turned to then.

As i left Kat's room i kept an eye out for her, making sure she wouldn't see me. As i got about 100m away from Kat's room i realized i didn't have my helmet on, i was walking around in Kat's tank top and leggings. I was too far to turn back so i continued on with my day, people wouldn't know it was me if i acted differently.

-------------------------------------------

I eventually found a small restaurant that served food. When i sat down a nice man gave me a menu with the long list of food. "Can i take your order?"

"Yes, thank you. Could i please have a cup of tea and just some toast and some eggs.. and some bacon.. and some sausages" I have always been a picky eater, but i was feeling really hungry.

"Of course. Welcome to the tower." What? I assumed it's because he has never seen my face.

I felt bad for leaving Kat, but i'm sure she will understand that i'm confused about everything yet focused on what i want. I made the mental note to find her after i have cleared my head and put some proper food inside of me. I'll make this up to her.

While waiting for my food to be cooked i spotted a pack of playing cards underneath a book, normally i would talk to AZ while bored but that wasn't an option, a game of solitaire it is!

-------------------------------------

<- Kat's POV ->

I was waiting for Hazel for about an 3 hours after leaving the note and i was starting to suspect the worst. After crying on Cayde's shoulder i decided to leave to go back to my room and see if she had read the note.

------------------------------------

She did.

When i walked in i noticed the note was gone and was replaced with her helmet, and it was glowing bright red.

The closer i got to it i realized it was beeping, this wasn't something i would normally do, but i put it on. I was instantly hit with some kind of pain in my head

UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS DETECTED. IDENTIFY YOURSELF.

I realised it was AZ speaking to me.

"AZ, it's me, Kat"

HELLO MS KAT, PLEASE NOTE YOU DO NOT HAVE TO SPEAK OUT LOUD IN ORDER TO COMMUNICATE WITH ME

So i can just think it?

YES. I BELIEVE YOU SAW THE RED FLASHING LIGHTS?

Yeah, what's the matter?

COOPER HAS NOT CLOCKED IN THIS MORNING, I AM UNABLE TO TRACK HER LOCATION. DO YOU KNOW OF HER WHEREABOUTS?

No AZ, i'm looking for her too.

Just as i said that i heard the door click.

----------------------------------------------

<- Mimick's POV ->

As i left the restaurant i didnt rush to get back to the tower. I wanted to delay the inevitable, i knew that once i saw Kat she would have questions.

As i made my way in (Y/N) saw me and rushed over. "Where have you been? Kat has been worried sick!"

"I-I" I didnt want to do this, but.. Kat had some kind of effect on me. I burst out crying on (Y/N)'s shoulders. "I'm so confused. I-I dont know whats wrong with me."

"Oh god." She held me in her hands and comported me. "What happened?"

"Kat left me a note, and i panicked. I ran off, and now i'm back i'm scared what she might say."

"Go speak to Kat. She is in her room." (Y/N) let go of me, kissed my forehead and put her hand over my heart. "If you look deep into that beautiful heart of yours, you will realize that you love her too."

-------------------------------------------

As i opened the door i saw someone wearing my helmet, its lights were flashing which meant AZ was in trouble.

"Kat..?" My face felt hot and puffy, not to mention my bloodshot eyes.

"Hazel..." Kat looked at me and instantly pulled my helmet off of her. The sadness written on her face crushed my heart.

"K-Kat. I'm so sorry." I ran up to and ran my arms around her, but she didn't do it back. "I'm sorry. I-I just don't know what i want." I broke the hug, picked up her hands, cupped them in mine and stared into her mesmerizing brown eyes. " My whole life i used to juggle people, i never liked to stay with someone, until i met what i thought was my soulmate, but things obviously changed and I happy that happened because i might not have ever met you.

Please. Kat. Even if you hate me just know, even though i'm not sure on most of the things in my life, I know this for sure. I love you too."