Chapter Two: A Girl's Dreams Come True

My puking episode from this morning left me exhausted, but the headache has subsided. I sat on the couch reading over the letter from the manager of this band...One Direction? That name sounds so familiar. I pushed that thought into the back of my mind. To be the stylist of a famous band...that would be amazing! What about Melissa? She has school, but she hates school! Well she ain't living with me when she has no job. I lost myself in my thoughts, literally. The slam of my front door yanked me out of my own mind.

           "YOU BETTER NOT BE SLAMMING MY DOOR, MELISSA!" I huffed.

           "Sorry sis." She said quietly, walking into the front room, her eye hidden by the brim of her beanie.

          "What?! No smart ass comment?" I said rudely, sitting up from the couch. My eyes narrowed to slits on I used my available strength to examine her. "What the hell is wrong with you?" My voice softened.

           "Nothing." She foreced through her lips, the words only coming out as a breathless whine. I stepped off the couch slowly and kneeled down in front of her. She flinched and moved back a couple inches.

          "Just let me see!" I said softly when she swatted my hand. She dropped her hands in defeat as I removed the beanie slowly, revealing one of her dark blue eyes swollen shut. The bruise was pink around the edges and a unnatractive shade of violet and navy in the middle. "Who did this to you?" I asked comfortingly. She looked down, tears filling her ordinary eye. "Who did this to you?!" I pressed, more sternly.

           "He's just a stupid boy." She sobbed.

           "A BOY GAVE YOU A BLACK EYE?!" I screamed, unable to hold in my anger.

           "He's an ignorant neanderthal!" she screetched, her red, puffy, and wet cheeks grinding my heart into dust. "Lexi, I hate it at school so much!" She threw her arms around my waist and I buried my face into her hair. "I'm bullied every single day, by either these blonde crew of total bitches or this asshole!" She sobbed violently into my shoulder. I felt my own tears fall along with her.

           "Hey," I whispered and she looked up sadly, "I got a letter today."

           "Really?" She sniffed, "What did it say?" I stroked her soft, blonde hair.

           "A manager of some band offered me a stylist job." I said.

           "Do we get to move?" She asked hopefully.

           "We actually have to tour with the band, so technically we move alot." I smiled. Her face lit up with renewed faith and happiness.

          "Take the job! TAKE. THE. JOB." She jumped to her feet and ran to her room. I smiled and grabbed my iPhone and tapped in the number given with the letter. I waited as the annoying ringtone droned on.

         "Becker Managments, This is Brandon." A deep, velvety male's voice said in the phone.

         "Hello, is this the manager of One Direction?" I asked

         "Who wants to know?" He asked, slightly agrivated.

         "This is Alexandria Micheals, you sent me a letter offering me a styling postion." I said patiently.

         "Oh yes, hello Alexandria! Have you made a descision?" He said,  his voice smooth and suave. I smiled, knowing how much Melissa will be benefited. No more assholes or bitches.

         "Yes, I would like to take the position." I said.