Chapter 8

It was early in the morning, everyone woke up to a loud bang followed by a crash, a thud then a loud shout. Slowly everyone sluggishly got out of bed to see what was all the commotion about.

"You guys heard it too?" Tazuna asked and everyone nodded in response, "nice to know I'm not losing my mind."

They quietly walked down the stairs and there they found Naruto walking outside of the house. He sat at the edge of the port looking down at his Reflection on the water.

"Why does everyone hate me?" He asked out loud. Everyone quickly hid behind the wall.

The same question has been replayed in Naruto's mind since he was little. The blonde looked down at his hands to see them shaking vigorously. "What did I ever do to them?" He asked clenching his fists to prevent them from shaking further more.

Everyone looked at one another in confusion. They wandered why Naruto was asking these questions out loud. They all huddle closer to the wall listening attentively.

"What do i do if... my friends betrayed me?" The blond asked as hot tears streamed down his face, "they think they know pain but they really don't."

Sakura frowned she would never betray Naruto, not in a million years. "They only say that but its only small things... they say that its going to be ok but its really not." Naruto cried.

"The worst thing in life is attachment. It hurts when you lose it. The best thing in life is loneliness. It teaches you everything. And when you lose it you get everything." Naruto muttered but it was enough for all to hear.

That got Sasuke's attention. He's never heard Naruto say that before even though they've only been brothers for a few days.

"What really is the point of life... if you hate it so much then die. But if you don't you'll end up dying anyway. So whats the point if we lose everyone as we move on?" Naruto asked.

"There's always a little truth behind every 'Just Kidding'. A little knowledge behind every 'I Don't Know'. A little emotion behind every 'I Don't Care'. And a little pain behind every 'Its Okay'." Naruto went on.

"What do you say about that? Huh? Do you like to watch your children suffer? DO YOU?!" Naruto yelled as he stood up out of anger.

Naruto sat back down, legs crossed. His forehead rested on his face as he looked down at his reflection once more.

"Do you?" Naruto whispered as he let another tear drop. The tear dropped down onto the water and the water rippled. A memory from earlier this morning flashed into Narutos mind as he closed his eyes.

Flashback

Naruto was awake just before the sun had risen. Still half a sleep he got out of bed with a big yawn. He wandered around the house to find no one awake.

The blonde smiled, "I'm awake before everyone! Even that geezer, Zabuza-san and Haku." Naruto said to himself.

Naruto walked outside inhlaing the fresh air of the morning. He looked up at the calm sky and spotted a messenger bird coming towards him. He put his hand out and the little bird landed on his index finger.