Chapter 5.

Mrs.Choi smiled and turned to Taehyung. "Thank you for your time introducing yourself, Mr.Kim. You may sit wherever pleases you to your liking."

He nodded in return and scanned the classroom for an empty seat.

Until he found one next to you.

He started making his way to the empty desk while the whole class watches him. Your heart started pounding faster and faster against your rib cage as he came closer.

Why were you feeling this way? What was the sole point of this type of reaction? You didn't know why, and you wanted it to stop.

As he sat down, he took out a notebook and a pencil from his book bag. His bangs were long and shaggy, hanging over his dark brown eyes. A smile of his was hiding beneath the soft hair of his.

He was happy and you could feel it, but you didn't know why.

Either way, you found yourself grinning as you watched him scribbling away in his notebook. Once it had hit you that you've been staring for quite some time, you blushed red and continued your work.

* * *

Once the bell rang, you sighed of relief. You couldn't concentrate on your work since you kept staring at the new transfer student unintentionally. He grabbed your attention without doing anything to say the most part.

At some point, you could've sworn he was starting at you as well. The thought itself  made you unwantingly blush so you quickly packed your belongings and scurried out of class.

It was a long day and all you wanted to do was to kick back and catch up on your favorite TV shows and dramas back at your house and the coziness of your bed sheets.

You wondered how Yoongi's doing back at the house, hoping he wouldn't trash it up and make you clean it by yourself again.

Even though he was thoughtful enough to make your favorite dessert, it was surprising he did so in the first place and it completely caught you off guard.

As you walked down the hall to your locker, you can hear loud footsteps running towards you which made you spin around alarmingly.

"...Mae?" You stopped in your tracks as you watched her running towards you and tackles you with a hug afterwards.

"(Y/N)!" She chirped. She somehow looked like she was in a good mood despite how she acted because of Jungkook testing her patience which was as short as her.

You giggled at that little remark to yourself, but seeing her squealing and jumping up and down while squeezing your hands made her look like a little kid going to Disney Land.

"Woahh..easy there." You began. "What's going on?"

"Didn't you see the new transfer? He's such a cutie!" She exclaimed while cheesing madly with her hands covering her mouth.

Your mouth dropped in disbelief. "You're talking about him? Well yeah of course I saw him. But all of you guys are over reacting. He's just another new student, so what?" You released her hands and turned around to your locker.

Mae scoffs. "What do you mean? He's a hundred times hotter than half the boys in this entire school! And you can't deny that..." She smirked afterwards. "Especially since you guys were exchanging glances at each other in the middle of class."

You could feel your face burn up."W-What?! I never intended to stare at him!"

"Sure!" She laughed. "Anyways, i'm going to the arcade with Jungkook and Jimin. Come with?"

You glanced at her happily after hearing the question. "Oh? Are you actually getting along with Jungkook?" You smiled.

She rolled her eyes of annoyance. "Jimin invited the both of us, you moron. So are you coming?"

You started looking through your locker while managing to talk to her. "Actually, I think I'll pass. I have to go home before Yoongi scowls me again for being late." You explained sadly.

Mae's face had turned serious instantly. "Oh Right, I forgot...but, don't you think he could go a little too far, (Y/N)?" She asked in a worried voice.

You knew that your close friend was looking out for you, obviously all of them were. You were thankful enough but you wished they wouldn't care so much about the topic.

"No...he really isn't I suppose. He just have been through...a whole lot." You looked down before closing your locker shut.

"Anyways.." You broke the silence, while zippering your book bag. "I should get going. Please tell Jungkook and Jimin I said Hi for me." You smiled and gave her a quick hug before walking away.

You didn't turn back around after quickly scurrying away, knowing that deep down in your gut all Mae have is a concerned look on her face.