Chapter 15.

You kept pushing your arms back and forth, as you increased your speed from your legs. You panted heavily as your heart rate increased drastically.

The first place that came to mind was the playground. Taehyung could be there, right? You had a strong feeling in your gut that he was. Without taking any chances, you continued on your pace to reach it.

And there as you spotted it, the whole thing was empty with just only one person sitting on the swing set, looking up at the sky.

You stopped for a moment to catch your breath. Looking at the person who you knew was Taehyung, started making your heart race.

You took in a deep breathe to try to calm down.

"Alright (Y/N). You got this." It took you a few seconds to jog down the hill towards the playground.

"Taehyung!" You called out his name.

He jerked his head up and turned around to see you running up to him. "(Y/N)?..."

As you finally reached him, you immediately threw your arms around his shoulders.

He gasped quietly due to your sudden action. "(Y/N)?! Hold on a second..." He gently pushed you away to make sure his eyes wasn't playing any tricks on him.

"(Y/N), it is you!" He pulled you in to continue the hug. "Why weren't you in school? Are you feeling o-"

"Ah yes I'm fine, but that's not important right now.." You released him and looked at him straight in the eyes.

You mentally prepared yourself before telling Taehyung what you had in mind to say. You breathed out. "Taehyung, we used to play with each other here." You began.

He gave you a questionable look. "Well yeah, we did like a day ago-"

"No." You cut him off, shaking your head.  "Ten years ago...we played here when we were little. We're childhood friends." You explained with a smile drawn on your face.

You waited for him to give you one in return but he still had that confused look.

"Uhm, now you lost me. There's no way we played here together before when we were kids. So you're saying that we met each other before?"

"Yes, we have!" You went over to the swings. "We met here at this exact spot because you told me I wasn't swinging right." You giggled. "Plus, we were both in a car accident..but my parents passed away because of it sadly.." 

You were facing down at the floor. "I know that we're childhood friends because my brother Yoongi stated it, and because of a dream last night about it. Everything happened so specifically, is almost impossible to make it up. When I told Yoongi, he confirmed it too. So..you were in a coma as well, which is why we both didn't remember each other in the first place!" With a small smile on your face, you looked back at Taehyung, only to see how scared and confused he looked.

Your smile started to fade. "You..do remember about everything right? Do you even believe what I'm trying to say?"

He looked down at the ground before turning his attention back at you. "I'm sorry but I don't remember..."

After hearing that your heart sunk. "You don't remember...the day we met?" Your lips started to quiver, waiting for him to give you an answer.

He only shook his head in denial. "No, I really don't. I mean, couldn't it have been someone else?" He rubbed the back of his head awkwardly.

You laughed nervously and took a step towards him. "Oh come on-"

He stepped away from you.

You froze. A lump in your throat started to form as tears threatened. "T-Taehyung..."

He sighed. "L-Look..when I was little, I was informed by the hospital that I had a coma because of a car crash in my youthful days, yes. But I don't think both of us were the same witnesses in it. Maybe you've mistaken another car crash and thought I was the one? And plus...I think it's hard to believe that we already met before..at this same park."

You couldn't believe the words he just said. "So you think it was just some flimsy dream I had, right? Or maybe I could've just made it all up?" You scoffed now looking down.

His eyes slowly widen in realization. "W-Wait no, (Y/N) that's not what I mean-"

"No I know exactly what you meant.." You slowly backed away from him, as thunder and lightning roared and appeared in the dark, gray sky. You felt the cold rain falling down on your face, mixing with your warm tears escaping your eyes.

You didn't know what's hurting you the most. Feeling your heart breaking into pieces, or knowing that Taehyung is the one who caused that.

"A-Anyways..I should get going..before I scare you off with anymore of my 'silly' dreams and stories." You put on a fake smile and began walking away in the rain hearing your name being called out by Taehyung.

You ignored him completely, now running away and never looking back.