Ch.22

Ch.22

+

I take my time going home, feeling all the emotions I could possibly feel. Hunter keeps trying to get in touch with me but I don't allow it. Instead I take a walk around the lake and stare at my reflection long. Fiery red hair, red orbs and a frown takes over my face. Suddenly a figure appears next to me. 

"Luna." 

"Doctor Ray, you scared me." I manage to give him a nervous chuckle. 

He smiles. "I'm sorry." 

I smile back. 

"There's something I must tell you though." His face becomes serious.

+

I open my bedroom door and Hunter is already there. His chest heaves up and down. His eyes are dark.

"Where have you been all day?" He shouts, closing the door and pulling me in. 

I look down at the ground then meet his eyes. "Just been figuring out my life." I laugh a little.

"Your life? Your life is with me now, Nautica. I am your mate, you need to tell me where you go. You can't just be running around and telling no one where you've gone to." Hunter runs a hand through his hair. 

"My life wouldn't be like this if it weren't for your family." I quietly say as I lay on the bed.

"What are you talking about?" Hunter comes over and sits next to me. 

"Remember when you told me what FK meant? Something about a war right?" Hunter nods. "Well it was a war between your family and mine."

Hunter stares straight ahead for a while then he grabs my hands. "I know."

I look at him in disbelief. "You knew and you didn't tell me? Why?" I try not to overreact but I can barely help it.

Hunter sighs, "Look, I intended to tell you but I never found the right time."

I stare him in the eyes, feeling all the guilt and nervousness we both were holding in right now. I give him a weak smile. "Knowing that your family killed my family, sucks. And look at us now, mates and whatnot. Hunter I can't even look at you without wanting to kill you. I hate you so fucking much." I stand up, my voice roaring over his'.  "I want to talk to your dad. I want him to tell me everything he knows."

Hunter nods.

We arrive in front of the gigantic mansion and Ry opens the door again this time as well. Hunter doesn't say much and I'm assuming Hunter has already told him through telepathy. I give Ry a small smile and step into the house. Paul and Kate are already at the dining table. Their faces were unreadable. I hastily stepped towards them. 

I was the calm before the storm. I wasn't necessarily ready to burst until I had learned everything. I hadn't entirely trusted Jason either. I had a hunch there was something else. But I still disliked Hunter for now. 

"Hi, I'm sure you know what I'm here for already. I want to know the relationship between you and my dad. I want to know why a war happened." I sit across from Paul while Hunter sits next to me. Hunter doesn't say anything even when his father looks at him.

Paul clears his throat. "Your dad and I were best friends. We trusted each other a whole lot and we knew our kids, you and Hunter, were mates. We were happy that such a thing existed. What we didn't know was that there were also another pair of mates within the packs. Your uncle Jason and my sister Jess were mates. Now technically Jason would become Hunter's uncle and Jess would be your aunt. But in terms f wolves, it wouldn't matter. Anyways, Jess and Jason were full of greed and stole the ruby. They wanted the ruby for themselves, for power. The ruby is precious to the Red Howlers, I know that. But it's also worth a lot in the world of wolves. It gets you to places, and that's why they wanted it. The day your father saw my sister with the ruby, I knew it was over. Therefore the Red Howlers fought us and although they are very powerful and strong, but they were small in numbers. I'm sorry what happened to your pack Nautica, but your father didn't listen to me. He didn't believe his brother would do such a thing. I couldn't make him believe me anymore. The Red Howlers had the intention to fight us and I couldn't just let them do that to my pack. Again, I'm sorry." Paul's phone rings and he excuses himself out of the room. Kate also leaves.

"Wait." I say. 

Paul looks back at me. "Yes?"

"Where is the ruby?" I asked.

His eyes flickered so quick to Hunter that I barely catch it. "Somewhere safe." He gives me a smile and excuses himself again. 

I don't ask anymore about the ruby but I sit there for a long time, absorbing everything in while holding Hunter's hand. They killed my pack because of self defense, I understood that but I couldn't get over the fact that the rest of Red Howlers were gone.

"This is all because of Jason. That asshole! I'm gonna kill him!" I stomp out of the house and transform. The first time I have every transformed in a while. I feel wild, and powerful yet with rage. I was going to kill Jason. Hunter transforms as well and runs up next to me. He communicates with me through telepathy.

You don't have to do this. Hunters says.

He killed his own pack with his greed. I snarl back.

Howl. He says. I see the vicious smile on his wolf.

I stop in my tracks and looked up at the moon then I howled.

I'm a Red Howler.

-

Thanks for reading!!!!

<3 Dawnnn