Ch.20

Ch.20

+

Nat, come back. Kyle texted. I had blocked telepathy and instead only allowed phone calls and texts.

It was the morning after I left the pack, where I had stayed in a hotel for the meantime. I flicked through the channels on the t.v, realizing how bored I was. Hunter was confusing. Sometimes he loved me, sometimes he cheats. What was wrong with that asshole? He had only asked me to come back, saying that he'd explain what I saw at the carnival.

But hell, it was going to take more than that to have me back.

I stripped my clothes off and stepped into the jacuzzi. The warmth slowly taking my stress away. Images of the red howler flashed in my head. I had completely forgotten about him.

Who was he?

For all I know, Red Howlers didn't exist anymore. But he seemed to know me. Was he my brother? Father? Uncle?

My phone beeped.

I got out the tub and wrapped myself in a white towel.

He's on his way. -Kyle

What the fuck was he talking about?

Suddenly loud pounds come from the door. Great, who was here? With my hair dripping wet, I open the door.

"Who is it?" I ask. Hunter stands there. His eyes are dark and black. He's dressed in black jeans and a white tee. "What do you want?"

He pushes past me and into the room. "What are you doing here?"

I close the door. "What do you mean?" I rummage through my bag and find a sheer robe and exchange it with the towel.

"You misunderstood me!" He screams from the bed while I am in the bathroom changing. "You have such a bad temper that I didn't even get a chance to tell you what was going on."

I scoffed. "Totally. Why didn't anyone tell me where they were going? I woke up and all you bastards were gone. No one knew where you guys had left. If I am your mate, shouldn't you at least tell me?"

I come out the bathroom and bump into him. His chest heaves up and down.

"If you're gonna put clothes on then put proper clothes on." He says as his hands explore me from my finger tips to my shoulders. I shake his hand off but can't fight back the feeling of being warm inside.

I push pass him and sit on the bed. "So? Are you gonna tell me who that blondie was? Now is your chance." My eyes stayed glued to the t.v.

He sighs and sits next to me. "I don't like her or admire her. I wasn't on a date with her either. She's a decade older than me. Nautica, there's only you. I swear." He holds my hands in his.

"Anyways, she's a part of another pack. She's also my half sister from my dad. My dad impregnated another woman before he met my mother - his true mate. She was just telling me that she might've seen another red wolf and wanted us to be careful. I'm sorry I didn't tell you ahead of time." Hunter explains. As I listen, I am astonished at the things he say.

My cheeks burned red. I was so stupid and jealous. I should've asked.

"I'm sorry, Hunter. How does she know I'm a red wolf and why did she pretend she didn't know me then?" I asked.

"She just knows and she pretended that she didn't know because she didn't want to endanger anyone." He assured me. I nod in response and they were probably at the carnival because its safer with humans around.

"By the way, you look amazing and delicious right now." His eyes turned golden.

I smiled and drew him closer. "I love you."

"I love you too." He says. Before I know it, he has already untied my robe as I work fast on his jeans to unbutton it.

His lips are just as soft and his stubble rubs against my cheeks. I nibble on his neck as he holds my waist tightly.

"You're so beautiful, baby." I melt from pet name and kiss him hard.

+

We are back at the house the next morning. The four wolves wait for us at the door and surprises us.

"Luna!" Kyle screams.

I smiled. I'm embarrassed for overreacting. "Hey."

I see Hunter smile behind me and whispers to me that he'll be taking my things to my room first. I give him a nod.

"We made breakfast for-" Before Jules could finish her sentence, I rush to the bathroom. Food from last night gushed out of me. There are tears pooled at my eyes from puking so hard. My head starts to hurt.

"Nautica? Baby? Are you okay? Open up." Hunter keeps knocking but I keep dry heaving.

"I'm fine." I manage to muster. I open the door and Hunter is there.

He looks worried and his eyes roam my body and land upon my stomach. "Are you pregnant?"

A lot of thoughts run through my head. Hunter and I hadn't particularly used protection but we only had a small amount of sex.

I open my mouth to answer but nothing came out.

"Kyle! Call the doctor!" Hunter screams then takes me to his room. Or our room.

I change into one of Hunter's t-shirt and take my pants off. I snuggle into Hunter and he pats my back. "Go to sleep. I'll be here when you wake up." He smooths my hair slowly as I fall deep into his scent.

-

Thanks for reading. See you soon.

Dawnnn xx