Ch.10

Ch.10

+

I stood in front of the mirror and looked at my complex.

My eyes caught the single red string of hair. I plucked it immediately and threw it into the trash.

Hunter knew what I was. He didn't dare to say it. It makes me wonder if he even truly knows what I am. Whatever the case, my wolf has accepted that I am Luna to the Silver Moon pack and the mate of Hunter.

I just wished he understood how dangerous and powerful I am.

My face had a different glow to it. Brighter and jovial, almost as if I had gotten more pretty overnight despite the fact that I have been skipping my morning runs.

Sighing, I went downstairs to grab some breakfast. The smallest part of me felt empty, tired and hungry. I was suddenly reminded of Hunter's words from last night.

I feel what he feels.

"No." I mumbled to myself and walked past his door, his scent lingered around me.

I came to sit around the large kitchen island. Kyle plopped next to me.

"Good morning, Luna.' He said enthusiastically. But I knew that since I accepted the bond between Hunter and I a little, the word Luna slips out without you knowing.

I growled at him, "Fuck off, Kyle."

"I'm sorry, okay?" He apologizes sincerely. His blue eyes does puppy eyes themselves at me. "Alpha told me to keep quiet about it and as instinct - I did."

Rebecca came around this time and asked me what I would like. I told her the usual, which was parfait.

Scowling at him, I said. "Well aren't you a good dog."

Anger blazed through his eyes but cooled down after he realized who I was again. "I know you just need some time to cope with things." He said and slammed the door after him.

"Here you go, miss." Rebecca handed me a plain vanilla yogurt topped with granola.

I gave her a thankful smile and thanked her. Just before I could fully turn around, my feet had an different idea.

"Do you perhaps know what your Alpha likes to eat in the morning or what would be good for his allergy?" I asked, a bit irritated with my 'mate' instincts. I had to take care of him, regardless of how I was feeling.

She nodded and stepped back into the kitchen to throw something together. About fifteen minutes later, a marveling and mouth-watering tray of breakfast came out.

There were two pancakes, scrambled eggs, two sausage links and a glass of something I couldn't decipher.

"Miss, the drink is a medicine that will cure him very quickly. He usually eats this whenever he can." She informed me.

"Thanks Rebecca!" I said once again.

I carried the tray with me up the long staircase and nearly trip over my long flowing black dress. With one last deep breath, I opened the door.

Hunter was standing up, his voice loud and booming into the phone pressed up against his ear. His back was faced to me. Because the conversation was intense, his back muscles tensed and it made him look so charming.

It's either he didn't hear me or decided to avoid me, he kept talking and talking as I set the tray of food on his bed. I quickly left afterwards because I didn't want to disturb him any further.

"Jules!" I jumped, holding a hand against my chest. She popped out of nowhere just as I exited Hunter's room.

"I am sorry, Luna." The last word seemed a little difficult to slip out of her mouth more than Kyle.