•five•

"i love everything about you, i support you, i care for you. but for some reason, you don't do the same."
- -

in which hayden deals with annie's rough past as annie yet again suprises him.

- -
annie

before i knew it, i was embraced in a tight, warm, and somewhat comforting hug.

i smiled slightly at his actions.

even the slightest things he does to me, has a big, bubbly, chemical reaction inside me.

why can't all boys be like this?

especially...him.

i immediately felt incredibly guilty.

but i couldn't let hayden see another break down from me.

this hug had carried out for a while, therefore i released.

"thank you, hayden. for understanding. and being here for me when no one else has ever been. not even my family has been there for me."

"why not?'

"well...ever since the pass of caleb,  they've been obsessed with hayley.."

i took a deep breath.

i'm going to tell him the truth. but him and him only.

"they have a vlog channel. and it has over five million subscribers. basically, they're famous. but they never let me be in them. my father said he was protecting me from someone from my past, and so did my mom."

"yet, they let hayley be the center of attention. i went through a rebel stage, claiming they don't want me. who could blame me?"

"i've been in cuffs. i've been behind bars. i've been missing. you get it. and a few months ago, i was punished. i wasn't allowed to go anywhere. i wasn't even allowed to go to the kitchen or living room. i wasn't allowed to eat with the family."

"they obviously aren't that smart. i was a criminal. you think i wouldn't be able to pick a lock?"

"note, this was 4 months ago. the same day i was grounded, i picked my lock and went downstairs. my parents said before i get something to eat, they gave up by the way, they needed to tell me some news."

"remember how i told you my family was in australia for a week this morning? they told me that exactly 4 months ago. they never came back. that's how i know i am worthless. i am and i accepted it. its about time you get used to it and accept it as well.'

he looked at me with despair.

"i'm not going to accept lies annie, now come on, we're going out."

"to where?"

"a special place."

"ugh. can't you just tell me. what is it, a place to drop me off and be forgotten?"

"no, of course not ans! and i'm not telling you."

i sighed as he pulled me down the stairs and out the door.

he opened the door for me and i stepped into the car.

the car eventually roared to life and minutes after we were driving a speed limit of fourty five down the highway.