•twelve•

"i'm just the girl who never opens up and eats her lunch in the bathroom alone."
- -
in which annie lets her dreams get to her.
- -
•hayden•

i followed close behind annie as we walked further into the house.

"hay..?"

"yea?"

"why is literally every single door open in this house?"

a tinge of pink rose to my cheeks.

i looked up from my feet to meet her eyes as she stood there curiously, wrapped in a fuzzy blanket.

"umm.."

"you can explain when were in my bedroom."

she slowly walked up the stairs and into her room, me following her.

as soon as she shut the door behind us, she ran to her bed and bundled herself up.

"so...why are all the doors open? Even the ones in here, and the hall, and just everywhere?"

"um..i- uh."

"were you...?? no, you weren't."

my cheeks got hot, which definatly meant i was doing something i was wishing i wasn't.

i was blushing.

"someone was searching for...something. what were you searching for?"

"um..i was kinda searching for...y- you. annie, i'm so sorry for earlier and...and i just didn't know what to do."

i looked up to see annie look down.

"i didn't want you to get hurt so i kept my mouth shut. but it turns out i just hurt you more and i should've never done that..i'm sorry for my actions and that sheryl girl."

"it's been happening for year hayden. you don't have to apologize for her."

"i know you've been bullied for years, but you don't deserve any of it and-"

"you do know what I'm talking about, right?"

"what?"

"sheryl goes to our school and...and sheryl is my bully.."

"wait...are you being serious?"

she looked away, tears forming in her eyes.

i could tell she was trying to control them, but they took over, causing streams of salty water the pour out from her eyes and stream down her cheeks.

"i'm sorry..."

she whispered, trying to calm herself.

"don't be."

i kissed her soft, plush lips.

she kissed back.

she had seemed to stop.

when she was fully calm, i released.