Story Nineteen

A/N: Hellohellohello updateeee!

Dean struggled against the ropes that bound him, breathing raggedly as he looked at the twisted expression of pleasure on the demon's face.

"You son of a bitch," he said in a strained voice as the demon carved into his chest.

The demon ignored him.

"Oh, Dean. When are you going to learn not to trust a demon? Meg, Ruby, Crowley... me. You know, corresponding with demons never seems to end well with you."

Dean's blood dripped onto the floor of the warehouse.

"You and I both know that Sam is gonna come looking for me. That'll spell the end for you," Dean said, trying to sound threatening but just sounding desperate.

"You talk pretty tough for someone tied to a chair with their life slowly bleeding out of them."

More blood. Cuts and gashes on Dean's face, arms, chest, abdomen... This wasn't the kind of torture one uses to get information. This was the kind of torture one uses to slowly, ever so slowly, kill someone else.

Blood.

Pain.

More blood.

"Cas..." Dean said, trying to make another threat but not able to form coherent sentences anymore.

The demon laughed mercilessly.

"Your little angel food cake has been... detained."

Time passed. It could have been minutes, hours, days, Dean couldn't keep track. He didn't have the energy to keep his eyes open, but he still fought the binding ropes. Then, suddenly, he couldn't fight anymore. All his strength drained out of him and all he could do was sit, paralyzed, as the demon cut into him.

He thought about Sam and Castiel, and realized that he would never see them again. This black-eyed bastard was killing him.

He tried to open his eyes again, but he couldn't even find where his eyelids were. He felt lost inside his own body.

He used his last wits to send another prayer to Castiel, then he waited.

And waited.

Waited for death or rescue, for the pain to stop or get worse.

Then someone burst through the door of the warehouse.

"Dean!" he heard someone say. Sam?

The cold blade made one more hot cut on his cheek before Sam started to recite a string of Latin words. Before he could finish, the demon smoked out of the vessel he was possessing.

"Dean," he heard a different voice say. This voice belonged to Castiel.

Sam cut the ropes and Dean fell into Castiel's arms. Dean's eyes flickered open.

"Sammy... Cas..." Dean said faintly.

"Cas, hurry! Use your mojo or whatever and fix him!" said Sam.

Castiel carefully laid Dean's head in his lap and pressed two fingers to Dean's forehead.

"Sam, I apologize. It's..." he took a deep breath, "It's too late. I can't bring people back from the dead."

I just. I just killed Dean. I've killed Dean before but this time was different. In the last one he had been dead for years and this just felt so much more real. I... I should go now. Don't forget to vote, and until next time, keep on keepin on.