Dark

Here's something for the people on Valentine's Day, I have no one so I wrote this.

Enjoy!

I hummed a small tune as I cooked some noodles. It was Valentine's Day and as per usual, I was alone. But, that's okay, I hope everyone else who has someone had a great time. A sad smile appeared on my face. I just wish I had someone....it would be nice.

A crash was heard from the living room, causing me to jump. I grabbed the knife next to me and cautiously walked in the room. "Sorry." a deep voice muttered. It was Dark. He stood in the middle of the living room, clutching his foot. Next to him, was my coffee table...or what remained of it.

"Um, no offence, but what are you doing here?" I asked. Dark wasn't the type to show up at my house. He was just a friend who always tagged along in group situations. Dark shrugged "I knew you were alone and I thought I'd come visit you.....I don't like seeing you upset."

I smiled a bit at that statement. "Thank you Dark, I really appreciate it." I said sincerely.

"I uh, also brought this." He pulled out a bouquet of roses and a box of chocolates. My eyes widened at the presents. "I know you aren't a fan of hugs, but you're getting one." I grinned and pulled him into a tight embrace.

Oddly enough, he didn't pull away. Dark wrapped his arms around me, pulling me closer. "I just didn't want my best friend to be alone."

Me? I'm his best friend? I smiled more and pulled away. "Thank you, Dark. I really really do appreciate this." I leaned in and pecked his cheek. A faint blush appeared on his cheeks as he looked down. I was about to say something, when a beeping came from the kitchen..

"My noodles!!"