The first flight

(Photo of Emily)

The past could be a scary thing, haunting you, following you around, never quite letting you go. This is exactly the way Emily felt when she boarded the plane to the next location with a new hair cut, clothes and name. She let out a breath she didn't know she was holding as the airplane's wheels picked up off the ground and she gave a last look at Washington, DC. 

Emily was not always called Emily, her real name was Mandy but The reality of the fact was now she was called Emily and she had to get use to that. 6 months, that's how longest she could stay in any place before she would need to pack up and move again making sure her past never caught up with her.

She wasn't sure if she could really do this. Fidgeting with her hands her sleeve moved up a little bit and the start of one of her scars was visible. In that moment she knew she could never go back to being Mandy. She was Emily and she would be safe.

The plane landed and she got out her hand luggage from the overhead and took a long breath before whispering to herself that she could do this.

                         ————————-—
By the end of her first week in New York City she had done a lot. She had rented a studio apartment in a old building in Queens, bought herself a bicycle to get around on and applied for about 30 jobs. The jobs were all working class, waitress, bar-woman or cleaner. She had studied so hard to have a good education but she could not risk it. If she worked in the field she studied it would make it easier for people to find her plus these types of jobs very rarely checked references and that was good as she had non. 

Early on Monday morning she took a long shower, dressed herself in her best clothes including a long sleeve top as she did not want her scars to show and headed out the door. Four interviews today I can do this. The first interview was for a waitressing job and when she walked in her breath all but vanished as she look at the man she was about to meet.

If someone gave Emily hours to play on sims and create a sim to look exactly the way she wanted and then brought him to life then this would be what he looked like.... only better.

Emily walked closer to the table the man had not looked up from the newspaper he was reading. She cleared her throat and the bluest eyes she had ever seen my contact with hers.

                      ————————-—

Like and comment, tell me what you think