The end

As I walk into the restaurant that has had some of my best and dearest memories I think back on them and smile. Luca and I are returning from a visit to our little house. I look up and find the over huge table for our family.

Stefano and Isabella are sitting on the one side holding Zoe their granddaughter with their daughter Anna right next to them. Dax and Cary his wife are both on their phones no doubt they are playing a game against each other. All the men are here with their families and I make my way over to mine.

Eli, my eldest son is sitting proudly at the head of the table holding the hand of his beautiful wife Nadia who is expecting my second grandchild. Eli was his dad's carbon copy. He is strong and good at reading people and has taken over Luca's active roll in the mob.

James, my younger boy with his sharp clean cut look is sitting next to his brother smiling happy at life. I don't think I've ever seen him sad. James shocked all of us and became the youngest FBI agent to make it to captain. At 22 he is running the FBI New York office. Luca and James nearly had a heart attack when they found out what he wanted to do but when he told them he wanted to focus on human trafficking cases like mine they understood.

We reach the table and Eli quickly moves over giving my husband the head of table seat and he had not been seated for a minute before our only grandchild Layla jumped onto her favorite persons lap.

As we eat I think of our lives together. If you told me when I got to New York I would one day have this I would have laughed at you but now I can't imagine my life without anyone at this table. Luca's eyes catch mine and as it did the first time and every single day since I am mesmerized by them. He blows me a kiss and we both smile genuine real smiles. Happiness.

                                The end