The break in

The interview was going as good as Emily thought it could with the Greek God lookalike who introduced himself as Luca Remora sitting across from her. He asked about her life and she said that she just moved here looking for a fresh start. His lips pulled into a thin line but he didn't say anything. As the interview ended she put her hand out to shake his and for the first time in her life she felt sparks fly at the skin to skin contact.

Emily hurried out of that building detriment to find another job. She could not work with him, any guy that had such an intense effect on her was a problem for her secret so she in her head already rejected this job. She walked the three roads to her next interview and quickly fixed her outfit before entering the quaint bakery that was looking for a waitress.

That night as Emily laid in bed she kept thinking of the piercing blue eyes that looked as if they could see right into her soul.

The next day having not been to New York before Emily decided to go see all the tourist sights. After a long day of seeing places that she always wanted to see Emily walked up the flight of steps to find her door open ajar. Emily's blood ran cold as she thought of who could be inside. She retrieved the Swiss Army knife from the pocket it had been in and placed her pepper spray in the other getting herself ready as she walked into her apartment. It was empty, so empty that it did not even have a bed anymore.

Tears streamed down her face in a mixture of A) relief that there was no one here and B) the harsh truth that until she got a new job nothing could be replaced. Emily thought about going to the police but decided against it as she didn't want them looking into her personal life.

In the morning when her phone started to ring and in her heart she really hoped it would be the bakery but when the rough velvet voice belonging to Luca come over the phone her breathing changed as she knew with recent events she would take the job just to buy a mattress and food.

"Care to meet for a coffee at the restaurant? I have some follow up questions." This did not sound good to her. Did he know? She brushed that idea from her mind. She got dressed in one of the few long sleeve outfits that were left and headed to the restaurant.

He smiled when he saw me walk in but his eyes did not carry the same smile as his lips. The restaurant was completely empty except for us and my insides started to pull tight at the fear of why we were alone. Luca came walking over with two cups of coffee and placed one before me and then taking the seat across from me.

My coffee cup clattered as I tried to put it back on the saucer giving away how scared I actually felt. "Are you scared of me Emily?" He asked dragging out my name and I gave a very quick nope not trusting myself to talk more. "I don't like being lied to." He scolded me.

"Who are you really? I tried to run a back ground check and couldn't find anything on you so tell me who sent you!" His anger was showing and I stuttered as I answered "no one s s sss ent me" he was definitely dangerous and powerful and I didn't not like that one bit.

"If you won't tell me who you are then I'm going to have to find a way to get it out of you" at that threat that brought back so many memories of my past I bursted out into a full on panic attack and as I tried to reach for my calming tablets in my handbag, Luca noticed my hand and pulled a small gun from his pants. "What are you reaching for?" Before I could answer everything went black around me.

                   ——————————————

I woke up on a big bed in a room that smelt of wood and as I opened my eyes to try and work out where I was I was met with Luca's blue orbs, they looked soft for a moment before they realized I had woken up and he placed the hardened exterior on again.

"Your alive." He said lightly as he was trying to joke. "I wasn't reaching for a weapon, I just needed my tablets." Luca looked at me apologetically. "I realized that soon after you passed out on me." Then I remembered that he pulled a gun on me and I pull my body up scared to be to close to him. "Where am I?" I asked needing to know how to get home.

"Welcome to my house. I took you to the address in your notebook but the lock on the door has been broken and the apartment was empty" I nod along, "that happened yesterday."
He took a seat on the edge of the bed. "I need you to answer come questions do you think you can do that without having an attack?" He handed me a glass of water along with one of my tablets. I nodded before taking a sip of the water with my tablet.

"I get that even if I ask nicely you are not going to tell me who you are so there are a couple of things I need to know." He took a breath. "Do you know who the Remora family is?" I shook my head no. "Do you have any ties to anybody that wants to hurt me or my family?" I looked at him weirdly wondering what he was involved with. "No and it's okay I think I should get home." His hand came up to show me to stop. "Last question. Are you hiding from someone who hurt you?" Tears started running and I wanted to tell him everything but I knew I couldn't. I nodded slowly. "How did you know?" I whispered. " I had to move your shirt to listen for a heartbeat and I saw some of the marks." I nodded pulling the blanket up higher so just my head was above the blanket.

"I have an idea. Work here at my house. I need a cleaner/cook but the cook part is only if I'm home and that doesn't happen a lot. You can live on the property, it has guards and cameras and electric fences and no one would ever find you here." His idea sounded temping but I was still not sure. "I'll pay you more than the restaurant would and you would have use of the house and the estate." His phone suddenly rang and he showed me to be quite before answering the phone. His voice a lot harder than when he spoke to me.

"Emily I need to rush out as there is a big problem at work. How about you stay, take a look at the estate, sleep some more since I know you don't even have a bed right now, eat, the fridge is full of food and if you agree then I'll talk details with you on my return. If you don't well then go up to any of my guards and they will drive you home."