The Ball

We walked into the ball arm in arm and I took a deep breath. As we walked I could see members of Luca's family scattered across the room and that made me feel better. We found our table and I was calm when I saw Stefano was sitting at our table as well. Luca introduced me to some people around the ball room and then I saw him.

Ian was standing at a pillar two tables over from us with his brother talking. Luca picked me up and lead me to the dance floor and started dancing with me. He made me feel like I was as light as a feather as he twirled me around the dance floor. "Your safe with me" he whispered softly in my ear and I felt the goosebumps spread over my body.

As we walked back to our table Ian's older brother walked over to greet Luca. He had a smug smile on his face. "Luca old man how have you been! It's funny I haven't seen you at events these past two years" I felt Luca go still trying not to punch him. "Robert sorry I have been quite busy but my girl wanted a night out on the town and so that is what she gets" I laugh at him calling me his girl.

Robert looks over at me looking me up and down and I struggle to breath. "Have we met before? You look familiar." He puts out his hand and I shake it. "I doubt it, I just moved to New York" Luca smiled at me. "It took some convincing on my part but she finally agreed to move to New York and be with me." He kissed the side of my head. 

"May I have this dance?" Robert asked placing a hand out to me and I accepted. As we danced I slipped a tracker under the collar of his jacket and one into his pocket, as my part of the plan was complete I let my eyes look, Ian was watching us and I swear I saw the exact moment he recognized me, I turned my head and landed on Stefano who looked at me and winked. Robert suddenly spoke up "you have a very possessive man, he has not once taken his eyes off you while we dance." I smile at this. "That's my Luca, he is one of a kind."

The rest of the night we ate and drank and I was started to worry that this was not working but Luca told me that they haven't stopped watching us. We ate and the entire time Luca never took his hands off me. The plan was that I would go to the bathroom knowing full well they would take this moment to catch me without him.

After dessert I got up and gave Luca a final kiss hoping beyond hope that he would find me before they killed me. "Just remember I will find you just don't give up." I pecked his lips and got up walking slowly to the bathroom. As I came out I felt hands jerk me one going over my mouth. "You thought you could get away, stupid girl."

Ian and his brother threw me in the back of the car and then I felt the the car roar to life. I clicked the button on the back of the necklace sending a SOS to Dax that they had me. The car ride felt like forever but soon enough they yanked me out of the trunk. "Bitch did you think I wouldn't recognize you?" Before I could answer Ian punched me in my face.

I woke up tied naked to a chair. The room looked like a jail cell it was completely empty except for a light above my head and the door that looked reinforced. I sat there and waited knowing my knight in shining well Armani was coming to get me.

———————————

Luca's pov

Sitting at that table as I watch them get up and move towards the bathroom was the hardest thing I had ever done. My whole stomach was screaming that this was a bad idea. A couple of minutes past of me pretending not to be worried before I go in search of her and then have a very public freak out about where she is knowing full well the Russians still had some people at this event.

The plan was going smoothly and as I had my public meltdown Stefano helped me out to my car. The moment we were in the car I had Dax on speaker. "She sent me the SOS the moment they climbed in the car meaning they didn't chloroform her this time but she was right about her clothes, right now her necklace is floating somewhere past the Statue of Liberty." I took a breath as I hoped we were right and she was not floating somewhere next to the statue herself.

"According to the tooth tracker and the trackers she has placed on Robert they are at a sleazy rent per hour hotel in the inner city called The Raven." I told Dax to get everyone suited and to meet up at my restaurant: Tonight we would go hunting for Russians.

I got to my office and put on my bulletproof vest underneath my dress shirt, I grabbed a couple of pistols and placed them in holsters on my ankles and on my belt. I added extra ammo to every pocket I had on me and grabbed an automated riffle from the safe. This all ends tonight.

By the time I walked into the ally behind my restaurant my entire mob was standing there. My dad was not here as he was on a flight back from Italy but it didn't matter. "Men tonight we get two of our own back. Let's get the rules straight no hurting any of the girls, use knock out gas if need me but no hurting the woman they have been through enough. Joe and Joey find Isabella and Emily and get them out of there as fast as possible. Kill every single Russian you can find but if you find Ian injure him but call me to have the honor of killing him."

Dax came to the front and talked layout of the building with the group explaining who goes in from where. He would stay in the car outside as he doesn't fight and keep an eye on police trackers and things like that.

We all drove over blocking every route out of the hotel with our cars. Stefano came up next to me giving me a hug before we enter. "Smile Boss we are about to get you woman and sister back"