Act Seven

Was that guy your boyfriend?

Yeah, that was my Kyla. :)

I didn't realize you were dating someone!

I never think to bring it up.

Invite him to hang during Karaoke Night.

Not his thing. :/

He used to come with you all the time. Why did he stop?

How could I explain to Gale that Kyla didn't wanna come anymore because it interfered with the only time he could "get high in peace?" Kyla liked that it got me out of the house so he could just chill. I usually went out most nights anymore to the library, so I didn't know why he made such a big deal out of those days in particular.

He's too busy on Fridays. Anyways, it's nice to have a break.

From Kyla? That doesn't sound good.

We live together. Sometimes we just need space, ya know?

I guess. Eddie & I have been roommates for years and sometimes I'd like to sock him.

Hard to imagine having a reason to sock either of you. :P

Whatever. :P Hey wanna come meet us for lunch at the Pasta Shack?

Oh my god. It had been months since I got to eat there! We were a month away from our second quarter of our sophomore year of college and Kyla hadn't let us go there for food since last year! It was my favorite restaurant of all time. I think I loved it even a little more than Olive Garden.

YES! PLEASE! When?

Say, twenty minutes? It's within walking distance from our dorms, probably decently close for you to drive. Wait, do you drive?

I'll walk. :) It's not too far. Maybe a ten minute sprint.

See ya then, buddy!

Buddy? I blushed at the nickname. I was their buddy!

The only issue was Kyla. He was currently passed out in our bed after getting off from his shift selling. I didn't ask what it was he sold. I just accepted that he sold something and it probably wasn't anything good. Life went on.

As long as I was super quiet and left a note, it wouldn't be too bad. He wasn't angry or anything after Karaoke Night three days ago. "I don't like seeing you with other boys," he'd grumbled with a scowl when we came into the apartment. He kissed me up against the door and squeezed my face until he cracked the skin, but I didn't complain. I liked it when he got possessive of me; I liked knowing it bothered him he could lose me. (Not that he ever would. I'd never leave Kyla.)

That probably meant Kyla wouldn't mind me hanging out with Eddie and Gale, right? I scribbled an explanation of where I would be on the little notepad I had tacked to the wall near the door and slid on my favorite sneakers. The door clicked with ease behind me and I did a little happy dance in the hall of the apartment. I was going out for lunch with my new friends! It was gonna be awesome and we were going to have a great time!

I was honestly so damn happy.