A world of mysteries

Samantha's POV (friday)

I woke up this Friday morning feeling disappointed that i still didn't get the answer to the question of the secrets that my grandmother hides. I walked into the kitchen seeing her ending a call with the aquarium "good morning Samantha" she said in her happy face grabbing her book amazing aquatic creatures. "Good morning grandma, so what's up with the aquarium?" I replied making myself a plate of bacon and eggs "were hoping to get a couple more angler fish in the deep-sea exhibit". The deep-sea exhibit was one of my favorite parts of grandma's aquarium due to most undiscovered creatures that roam down there. "Ok, remember to watch out for blue-ringed octopi and comb snails" I joked while she grabbed her purse and was walking to the door. "Hehe thanks Sam, I'll try not, bye" she said as the walked out the door.

I finished breakfast, changed into some clothes and I looked at the reflection of myself in he mirror a final time before I left. I was not proud of my appearance nor was I disappointed of it, my average long straight brown hair and emerald green eyes weren't very different from most girls in my school. I usually blended in but I was ok with the was I looked. The bus usually came a little late so I went to the Smoothie king nearby. "Can I please have a lemon and strawberry smoothie?" I asked the barista before she started working on my order. "Sammy!" i heard a voice from behind me and already knew what too expect, as a looked behind me and found my friends Ariana, Bridget,Destiny, Kylie and Elijah.

I didn't have much friends growing up but they were friends that were loyal to me ever sense 3rd grade. Ariana was a tall kind girl that had curly brown hair that she usually kept in a bun. Bridget was a really energetic girl who had a really high voice and long blonde hair in a ponytail. Destiny was a shy girl that had glasses and wavy short blonde hair. Kylie was leader of the friend group who had milk-chocolate straight brown hair with blonde tips at the end with glasses and braces (I was always convinced that Kylie was a vampire because her canine teeth were very pointy and were closer to the front than usual and she has been known to wear sunscreen at all times during sunny days). Elijah was a very popular boy in my grade as I was surprised that he wanted to be a part of my friend group, he was tan with pure silver hair, and dark grey eyes.

I always thought that Kylie would end up with Elijah because vampires are always the attractive ones or in most scenarios the main guy always gets with the main girl and it just seemed that I wouldn't be the one to ever get paired up with someone like him. But Elijah really seems to like me more than Kylie because if I fall he'll always help me up and if a group was harassing me, he would step in to save me every single time.

"So what did all you sign up for?" Kylie asked pulling out her registration forms on the bus ride to school. "I chose theatre,art,black magic study and literature" she announced as she went down her list. "PE, basketball, Greek research and fitness" Elijah explained. "Astronomy, rocks and minerals, science and coding" Destiny followed. "Improv, theatre, newspaper and art" Bridget added in. "Ecosystems, gardening, literature, geography and animal study" Ari explained untill it was my turn to talk.

"Umm...art, marine studies, cooking and Greek research" I admitted while holding my arm still disappointed about granny's reject "surprised your still not on the swim team" Elijah raised a eyebrow as if I don't know. "Why are you surprised? You also wanted to be on the swim team and yet you don't sign up" I then smirked in defense while the rest of the group laughed while the color in Elijah's face flushed. "Besides, my grandma didn't let me sign up again, she says my leg tumor scar will keep me from swimming property" I rolled my eyes believing everything that she says it's a bunch of rubbish.

"what about choir?" Ariana asked pointing to the choir option on the paper. "No, she won't give me a explanation because of that" I groaned while i noticed that Elijah had a curious look on his face. The school that I go to is known to teach hundreds of monsters and hybrids but humans were also taught here. So I would often see monsters like werewolves, vampires like Kylie and the school is know to have at least 5 or 6 centaurs!. When we got to school, I dropped of my registration forms, waited for the bell, and went to put my stuff in my locker.