Human heart

Samantha's POV (saturday)

I surprisingly woke up without a bite mark on my neck, I guess Kylie was loyal. Speaking of Kylie, I woke up with her and everyone else awake and laughing at me. "You fell asleep into your book" Bridget snickered as I saw that I must've drooled on my book and I had some ink spots on my face. "Find out what you are?" Destiny asked picking up the book "no, not yet" I sighed. "What do you think Elijah is?" Kylie asked turning to me "still, no idea", "I think he's something that involves the ocean" Kylie predicted while Bridget just laughed. "HA, it suits him well, a merman as a lifeguard? I bet girls gonna get drowned!😆" she giggled while everyone else laughed hysterically, I will admit... That was kinda funny.

"Seems perfect for Sam! An atlantean romance, love it!" Bridget smiled turning to me while the color drained out of my face. "What makes all you think he's going to be with me?. Normally it's the vampires that are the attractive ones!" I replied rolling my eyes and turning to Kylie. "Well, it just seems that Elijah always sticks around you and when it's a merman, they always seem to be extra-attractive" Bridget replied with a smirk on her face that basically said yeah, you two are going to be a thing 😏. "Still! You two are adorable!" Kylie announced while Bridget just had to follow "we'll call it, Samijah!" She said with a huge smile before everyone shouted "I SHIP IT!" I sighed so hard I think I cracked a rib.

Elijah's POV

The thrift store usually opens early so I normally go to grab extra sunscreen for the beach save drowning girls and look good doing it😉. I was greeted by my friend Kyle who works as the main cashier "hey Elijah! We just got a shipment of the new 'Amber shine' tanning oil". "Nice, thanks for giving me the heads-up". I grabbed the tanning oil and sunscreen but I had to stop by the jewelry section to see if there's anything nice for Sam, I'll tell her soon. I was about to walk away knowing that the thrift store usually doesn't have much good jewelry, untill something caught my eye. A silver silhoete of a diamond encrusted mermaid. I grabbed the necklace seeing that the price was only $4.00, perfect, and as I walked to the cashier I noticed small hand-made mermaid dolls only $8.00 which were just the thing for her.
( These items are based off things i have IRL, if you don't believe me, here's proof)

Samantha's POV

I scheduled a spa appointment and thankfully it's on the way home so I can leave Kylie's, stop at spa, (also stop by the beach to say hi to Elijah), and go home. "Ah! Sam! Welcome back!" Anna, the main person who does everything greeted me and gave me a bathrobe for the steam room. The steam room has to be one of the best parts of the spa (the only bad part about it is that my long dark hair becomes a literal oven).

(Guess the reference!😉)
I put my hair up and placed a towel over my face to let most of the heat sink in, but not 20 minutes later I heard a group of people come in. "I feel equally sorry for you, and here I thought Nikki was annoying! Dating Brandon behind my back!" I recognized the voice while I felt the group sit not to far from me. "But she hasn't won yet!" The voice I heard next left me paralyzed, I took a peek though the towel, and met a pink and blue haired girl in the middle of a group of other beautiful girls......It was Amy and her group of friends.

"I just don't get it! If almost every person in the school is under our spell, why isn't he?!" Amy shouted while everyone else nodded "and that Sam girl! What does he see in her?!". I began to listen closely as they were starting to talk about me "I just don't get it! What does she have that I don't?!" Amy shouted and everyone agreed. "What's so special about her?! There are hundreds of girls with brown hair and green eyes! There's nothing that makes her special!" I heard Miranda yell. Normally if Elijah were here he would stand up for me, but he's not here, so the words got to me. "Be careful Miranda, your feathers are falling off" Makenzie raised an eyebrow "oh are they?" She replied looking behind her (it was now confirmed that Miranda was a dangel, which is a person with a halo and wings but when they get angry, horns start to grow and the feathers fall off exposing demon wings).

I began to get up and head for the door to get away from all that they had to say about me "but don't worry, my mom is a witch, so I'll get her to brew up a love potion " Amy chuckled as everyone else replied with a evil grin. "And as for that Sam... her death will be swift" those final words made me dash right out the door with a torn up heart💔.

Amy's POV

So the squad and I were in the spa's steam room talking about Elijah, it just doesn't make sense! He somehow likes that Samantha girl more than me! Everyone says that we're the best thing that happened to Kingsland high! We would make such a cute couple. Amijah will soon be a ship that no one will forget!. "And as for that Sam...her death will be swift" I grinned, but less than a second later, some person ran out the door, a towel was covering her face so I couldn't get a proper look at him/her. "Who was that?" Jaiden asked raising a eyebrow "probably just a heartbroken wuss" Makenzie snickered which gave me an idea. Though the head was covered in towels, but a small bit of brown hair waved into sight. "It was her!".

Samantha's POV

I didn't want to stay at that spa any longer to hear more about what Amy had to say about me. "Hey Anna, I changed my mind can I just leave now?" I sighed as she looked at me "ok, I'll just charge you for the steam room" she replied as I gave her the $24 and immediately ran out the door. It felt like a pasific ocean was flowing out of my eyes as they flew behind me as I ran fast as I could untill I saw the beach. I knew I couldn't let Elijah see me like this, so I stopped to wipe off the tears and pull myself together before I started walking and I saw a tan with silver hair person in the lifeguard chair with lots of teenage girls sitting around it. "Hey Elijah" I said as he looked down and smiled "Sam!" The cheerfully said as he climbed down, I could've sworn that I heard most of the girls whisper "shoot! He's taken" to themselves.

"Your actually just the person I wanted to see!" He smiled as he grabbed his duffel bag and reached into a small pocket. "I was?" I asked as he pulled out a small box. I took it from him and opened it and found 2 little trinkets, the first one was a little hand made mermaid doll, and the other was a necklace of a diamond encrusted mermaid. "I saw them at the thrift store and I knew that they were perfect for you" he said while holding his arm. My mind had felt like it pushed out all that Amy said about me and a eternal happiness grew on the inside. "Thank you Elijah, this is the most thoughtful gift I have ever got" I replied with another tear coming to my eye. "You...you like it?" He asked while trying to blush through those tan cheeks, "I love it, I...I just had a really rough start and you just made the highlight of my day" I replied before immediately jumping up to hug him.

Elijah's POV

OMG, is this really happening?!?! I just gave her the presents, she said she loved them then she got up and hugged Me! Do I mean something to her? If only I didn't have other girls around me, I would've told her.

Samantha's POV

We broke from the hug and looked at each other for a second "thank you Elijah" a said as that tear rolled down my face and he wiped it off. "If your not happy, I'm not happy" he said back smiling "I'm sorry but I have to go, thank you again" I said walking away. OK, what just happened?!.

Elijah's POV

My heart was still beating super fast due to what just happened, but she said that with 100% truth. I looked down at myself and saw that my heart was illuminating pink, the color of love. Then I looked over at Sam who was still walking away, her heart was also glowing pink. It's always a joy for us to see other people happy
.
.
.
.
.
It's a trait that we sirens carry