the oceans call

Elijah's POV

"I lost my son to a siren"

She muttered before immediately burying her hands into her eyes. "I wasn't able to save him" she kept crying while I just sat there feeling extremely sorry for her. "Once he was gone, I refused to do anything for a month. I ate close to nothing, I refused to go to work, I didn't even leave the house" she said crying even more "Amanda, I'm sorry about what happened to your son" I got up and walked over her and pat her on the shoulder. "10 years later, when I found Sam on the beach, I fell in love with her as soon as I laid my eyes on her" she cried but tried to crack a smile, like I did when I first met her. "I saw her as a second chance at being a mother" she muttered and tried to stop crying for a second. "When I found out that she was a siren, I did everything in my power to keep her safe" she sighed "even if that meant that I couldn't tell her". "Amanda, you did it for the right reason, but you can't keep a secret like that, especially from a siren" I tried to reason with her but she just looked up at me with a questionable face. "What? What would happen to me?", "Well, nothing would happen to you, but every siren is needed to be given the poseidon's blessing once they turn 13" I tried to explain but she again looked up at me with the questionable face.

"How do you know this?" She asked trying to clear up the tears in her eyes. "You really think that she's the only one?" I smirked "fun fact about sirens, we all have an engraving of our name on our arm" I then gave her a blank stare before grabbing my right arms sleeve and pushing it up revealing the engraving of my name. Once she saw the mark on my arm, she was left in shock and surprise "you.... you're one too?" She muttered still in shock. "Mm-hm, and it's not just us two, there's a whole group of us, and there's even more back in Atlantis" I explained and after I finished, she then thought for a second before looking back up at me with a small smile.

"Maybe it's best that you talk to her, it'll probably make her feel better if she talks to someone she cares about" she suggested while cracking a smile, "yeah, probably for the best, thank you for talking Amanda, I wish you the best of luck within your future".
She pointed me in the direction of her room and left me in the living room, staring down the dark hallway that had her room at the end. I stood there at her door scared to go in, but I managed to grab and turn the knob, and walk inside. "Didn't you learn anything from the talk we just had? GO AWAY!" I heard her yell from the corner of the room, when I finnaly saw her, her face was buried into her knees. I took a moment to see the color of her heart and eyes, her heart was glowing a deep blue and her eyes burned with rage. I felt relatively sorry for her so I sat down on both knees right in front of her. "When will you listen?! Just GO AWAY!!" she finally looked up probably expecting to see Amanda, but as soon as she saw that she was telling at the wrong person, she then pulled away.

"I....I'm sorry, I didn't know" I could hear the tone in her voice that said she was about to cry as she shoved her eyes back into her knees. With the emotional state that she's at right now, I began to pat her shoulder doing the best I can to comfort her. "Why......why didn't she tell me?" I heard her mutter loud enough for me to hear her, "*sigh* she was just trying to protect you", "from what?" She looked up at me with tear-stained eyes. "The siren hunters" I finally told her while she tried to hold her head up to listen, "she thought that if you knew, I'd be easier for the siren hunters to find you". "She lost her son, she wasn't going to lose you" I told her trying not to cry due to all the emotional things happening right now, "*sniff* thank you" she then jumped up throwing her arms around me. I stood there for a second before gently hugging her back.

"It's..just... I thought that I wasn't special, for all these years, and now, I'm this?" I heard her mutter, but the words I wasn't special felt like a knife to my heart. "Samantha, don't say that, you were always special, you were always special to everyone, including me" once I said that, she just hugged me tighter, "thank you Elijah". "But... Now that I know that I'm a siren, what should I do?" I could hear her still with her arms around me, but I could hear a bit of sadness in her tone, "well, first off, don't feel ashamed of what you are, like the rest of us sirens, we're all special" she then paused after I said that. "Wait? What do you mean us?", I asked, but was I really ready to tell her? I guess I had to someday. "I'm a siren too" I then told her, but then a long moment of silence fell upon the room, "and you didn't tell me?", "Well we never really discussed about this sorta thing, you were always rather resistant, it was always Kylie or Bridget who brought up the topic" I explained, she eventually got rid of the slightly-rude tone. "Oh, ok" she then said getting rid of all the current anger in her heart, "are there any more sirens?". It was a bit of a valid question, but again, she doesn't know much, "yeah, the group of my other friends I introduced you to, they're all sirens, we have meetings 3 times a week". It broke me to do this, but I eventually had to pull away from her hug so I could explain something important.

"But Samantha, you actually NEED to come to the ocean with us at some point" I told her, but then a fearful expression grew on her face. "When every siren turns 13, they have to be given the poseidon's blessing" I glared at her for quite a while, "since you're 3 years over the date, you need to be given the blessing very soon". "Oh, uh... Ok" she muttered with the sad tone growing in her voice, I then stood up and began walking over to the door, "let me know when you've made your decision" the final thing I said before walking out the door, I love you Sam. "We're you able to get anything out of her?" Amanda asked me once I closed her door "yeah, I talked to her, she'll be coming to the ocean very soon". Once I said that, she just looked down with her heart glowing blue "I have to leave, I wish both you and Sam the best in your future".