Fish out of water

Elijah's POV (Friday)

4 days, 4 days untill I can finnaly confess to Samantha. She said that she wanted a complete family, she said that I let her experience what it was like, she said that she was happy even if it was only for a couple of hours, and im happy to see her glad. I sat there on the beach staring of into the ocean thinking about life..... Untill I heard a scream. I immediately looked over at the cliff where Sam said that she'd be, I saw a group of silhouettes rush into the darkness and at the bottom of the cliff I saw a large splash of water.

Samantha!

"Did all of you see that!?" Kylie asked with a worried tone, "I'll be right back! Sam's in trouble" I yelled before quickly taking off my shirt and jumping into the water. I looked down and saw my legs morph into each other forming my shark tail, thank God this tail helps me swim fast. After about 4 minutes I was in the area where I saw the splash, I eventually did see Sam's silhouette... But she didn't have any legs.

Samantha's POV

I was curious about how I was still alive even after 4 minutes. I looked over at my legs to see if it was possible for me to swim back up, and.......
.
.
.
.
.
I didn't have any.

My legs were replaced with a tail, a blue mermaid tail. I gasped at the sight of it wondering how and why I even had the tail. Then out of nowhere, I felt something grab my back and some part of my tail. I looked over at who my savior was and it was Elijah, he lifted me out of the water and began swimming back to shore how the hell is he swimming that fast?. When we eventually got to shore, my tail strangely spaced apart forming legs again, I quickly backed away from the water in shock. "It.. it was Amy! Her and her friends, Ariana and Destiny they betrayed us!" I stuttered but I was to shocked to understand everything that was going on.

I ended up getting flashbacks to the dream that I had and what I saw in a book. I sat there for a bit while Bridget put a towel on my back to dry me off. "I...I gotta go" I said getting up and began running back home.

Amy's POV

"Dammit! She's still alive!" I looked down from the cliff and saw Sam on the beach with everyone else around her "what!? I thought she couldn't swim!?" Miranda yelled while her wing feathers began to fall off. "She was down there for a good 4 minutes, how could she have survived?" Jaiden made a reasonable point before a moment of silence untill I realized why Sam didn't die "😑she must be a siren to".

Samantha's POV

Once I left the beach, I didn't stop running for anything. All I needed was to just get home and find the truth to ALL of this. As soon as I got home, I burst through the door startling grandma who was (again) reading Twilight. "Samantha? Why are you all wet?" But I didn't have the time to listen to her lies. I immediately rushed to the study room, grabbed my Mythical creatures book, ran into my room, and began flipping through the pages. I was reading and flipping through the pages so fast that I probably ripped a couple. After a few minutes I was starting to think I had an outdated book, untill one page caught my eye.

Sirens

Sirens are beautiful yet dangerous creatures. Sirens have been known to have very hypnotic voices that lure sailors to their death. The song that they sing is supposed to put the victim into a trance-like-state, hypnotizing them to go underwater where the song makes the victim lose the ability to move; slowly causing them to drown. Sirens are known to portray themselves as merpeople but they are known to become humans on land and gain their tails when submerged.

 Sirens are known to portray themselves as merpeople but they are known to become humans on land and gain their tails when submerged

After I read the page more carefully, a jolt of emotion shot me in the heart. I was left trembling so much that the book fell out of my hands.
.
.
.
I'm a siren