Chapter Three

Kimhan

We finally arrived at Suvarnabhumi Airport after almost fourteen-hour of direct flight from LA to Bangkok. There are lots of changes happened here over the years as I roamed my eyes around for familiar views of the airport. We are waiting in queue for our baggage at the conveyor. My whole body felt dumb tired and restless. I didn't sleep during our flight and it gave me jetlagged.

"Here we are guys! Smell that fresh Thailand air." Zee yelps as she picked up her bag and trolley from the airport conveyor. I took one of those airport trolleys for my luggage and bags and we walked us on the way to the lobby to wait for Shone.

'I missed this place. Really, it's been years Kim...' I thought to myself. I can't deny it. I miss my childhood days in this place, Happy and carefree as I look around the area. Memories of my parents came in flooding me in sorrow.

"Guys, wait up! My bags haven't arrived yet." Shone keeps on glancing and yelling in our direction as we exit from the arrival section to the airport lobby. I don't know what really happened to his baggage why the hell didn't come out from the conveyor.

"Meet us at the lobby, Shone!" Mario shouts back at him as he held hands with Fern and Hongyok walk with the crowd of passengers exiting to the lobby. While me, Zee and Nan came tagging along with Mario and the two ladies.

"Hey dude," I called at Mario. He stopped taking selfies with Fern and Hongyok to turn and face me. "...have you checked the itinerary? Which hotel did you booked us?" I asked. Who booked this vacation anyway?

"Um, wait a second..." he says. he fished the paper from the inside chest pocket of his suit.

"Here it is...Courtyard by Marriot Bangkok"

"Okay, I'll just call P'Air to inform her about our arrival. And so, we can visit her place tomorrow before going to Phuket." I informed them while tapping my sister's number on my iPhone and immediately making a call. I walked a few feet away from my friends to call my sister. My friends knew my family well and they've grown closed to them too. A few rings and it was finally answered.

"Hello P'? It's me, Kim." I said to the phone. I keep my gaze outside through the glass wall of the lobby.

"Hi, tiger. How are you?"

"...just landed here in Bangkok."

"Oh good, you're already here li'l bro." Yes, my sister calls me brother even when we're kids, maybe because I look too handsome to be her sister then. She knew since then that I'm just different from her. Not their typical girly little daughter. And my dad calls me tiger. I really don't know why either.

"Hey, Happy birthday kiddo..."

"Thanks, but I feel I'm getting older," I laugh to myself.

"I'm sorry; we haven't had a chance to attend your party. Everyone is so busy," answered the woman on the other line. She sounded so excited upon hearing me.

"Nah, it's okay, sis. No problem at all. And besides, there's no party at all. You knew my friends; we just dined out at one of my restaurants. You know, the one located at the roof top. They like it there."

"Well, it's good to hear that you're not that party animal anymore." My sister laughs out loud over the other line. She knew when I was younger, I was a rebel myself.

"But anyway, we're here at the airport lobby now waiting for Shone. He couldn't find his luggage. Maybe the airport crew misplaced his things...I just wanna inform you about our arrival."

"Who's with you? ...Is Zee with you too?" She asked excitedly.

"Yes. The whole gang is with me. Including Fern's younger sister, Hongyok. Hey P', we'll see you tomorrow. We're going to visit you at your place. So, please cook something nice for us, too...I miss Thai food."