1

Kylie's POV

Friday

I don't feel like facing the world today, I think to myself as I stand in the mirror. I haven't talked to my best friends for weeks and it's just my older brother Christopher and I now. I know I should probably talk to someone but I don't feel like I can.
"Kylie, are you almost ready?" I heard Chris call to me.
"Yeah, one second!" I say back. I take one more minute to stare at my now empty bedroom. It's crazy to think we're about to leave this place forever.

— — —

I got in the car where my brother was faking a smile and handed me the aux. "My phone doesn't have the headphone jack remember?" I laugh.

"What about the adapter?" Chris asked as his eyebrows furrowed.

"It got stolen, we went over this," I told him.

"Ohh, that's right! You're the sibling that can't keep up with her stuff here." He said sarcastically.

"Shut up!" I playfully punched him in the arm. He then plugged his phone in and we jammed all the way to the parking lot for the departures of Hartsfield-Jackson Airport.

He parked the car where he would remember it, since he would be flying back in a couple days for his job. A Spot bus stopped behind our vehicle to collect us and our bags to bring us to our terminal.

I've been on plenty of planes, when our family used to travel. But I'm always a little nervous before flights.

*flashback*

"Are you ready, sweetie?" My mom asked me in a caring tone. It was my first flight, we were travelling a couple hours to Miami from Atlanta for our cruise.

"Yeah mom, I was born ready!" I said excitedly. I smiled as I looked out the window and the plane began to take off on the runway, then lifting up into the sky.

A couple of minutes into the flight and I had been staring out the window as we soared higher and higher. As the first small wave of turbulence hit, I grabbed the arms of my chair in fear.

"It's okay, just a little air pocket in the clouds," my mom said to calm me down.

"It felt like we were falling,"

"I know but we weren't, these pilots are professionals. No need to worry." She said in reassurance.

"Okay," I said quietly and looked back out the window. I love plane rides, I thought to myself as we cleared from the cloud banks and saw blue skies and the sun so close I could touch it.

*end of flashback*

The driver pulled up to the North Terminal and we exited the bus to walk into the airport for baggage check and security.

"Lets get some breakfast, we still have an hour before boarding." I said to Chris.

"Duh. Chick-Fil-A?"

"Duh," I said mocking him.

— — —

"Can I get a 12 count chicken nuggets, fries, and a lemonade?" I ask the really attractive guy standing behind the counter taking my order.

"Yes ma'am and would you like any sauce?" He smirked.

"No thanks." I smile back.

"Alright, and could I have your number with that?"

"Sure." I lightly laughed while taking his phone as Chris ordered, with his jaw clenched. I mean he can't be upset, we need to move forward with our lives. And this move to California will really help.

I hand the phone back to Matt, his name according to the name tag. "Okay and you can wait for your food over there," Matt said pointing to the end of the counter.

"Thank you!" Chris and I said in unison.

"My pleasure," he looked down at his phone and back up, "Kylie." And winked.

— — —

We were the last to board, after all the Diamond and Platinum members. I stepped foot on the plane, saying goodbye to the Georgia grounds. Walking through the isles counting up and up until I saw row 34. As I slid into the seat, I hit my head on the overhead air duct.

"There's something there sweetie," Chris said sarcastically while laughing.

"Shut it," I say faking being angry.

We sat in our seats looking out the window, watching the plane pull up to the runway. Suddenly I was yanked from my thoughts, "Welcome aboard Delta Airlines, this is your captain speaking. We're looking at about a 4 hour flight today to Los Angeles, California. Thank you for choosing Delta, sit back and enjoy the ride!"

I looked over and Chris was passed out. The plane began to speed up, soon lifting. I put in my earbuds and began to play Khalid, drifting off to sleep. My life is about to change, and it's for the better.