19

My eyes opened to the sight of the sun shining through Ethan's blinds making shadows on the ground.

I could move my neck more now, just not too fast. I noticed I was in oversized sweatpants and a sweatshirt, and Ethan was nowhere to be seen.

I slowly stood up feeling aching in my stomach. I lifted the sweatshirt to see a large bruise where Matt punched me.

Shrugging it off, I made my way to the bathroom. My hands pulled down the collar of Ethan's light blue hoodie and I studied the bruises on my neck in the mirror.

A tall, dark haired figure comes in, grabbing my hands and turning me towards him.

"Its gonna be okay." Ethan said pulling me into an embrace.

"Was it you that took me here?" I ask pulling away.

"Yeah," he said running his fingers through his perfect hair. I can't believe he's mine.

"And... changed me?" I look down at my new wardrobe.

"I didn't look at anything I swear, I just knew you'd be more comfortable this way." I nod.

"And my grandparents?"

"I took your phone and texted them saying you were staying at a friends for a project. Everything is taken care of, except the douchebag that hurt you." He responds cupping my cheek in his hand.

I slowly nodded and looked into his deep hazel eyes. He gazed from my bright blue eyes to my lips, slowly leaning in.

He kissed me and I instantly kissed back, feeling bolts of electricity swim in my veins.

I swear, every single time it's like fireworks.

"So like shouldn't we be at school?" I check the time which read 11:47am.

"No, we can go tomorrow. Today we're staying in and having a movie day." He smiles, making me smile too.

— — —

"I'll see you in a week," I stand in front of Ethan with my hands on his lower back.

"I'll miss you," he says kissing my forehead.

"Me too."

"You're sure I can't come with?" He smirks.

"My grandma wants to surprise me. I still have no idea where we're going," I say. "Even my grandpa is staying here."

He nods and frowns. "I'll have nothing to do all week, baby."

I shrug and giggle, "Sounds like you're screwed 'baby'" I say mocking him and getting into the car, excited for my surprise trip for spring break.

We back out of the driveway that Ethan now stands alone in, I rolled down the window and smiled.

"Text me!" He yells.

"Maybe!" I say back before blowing a kiss and heading to the airport. That boy is special.

"Are you ready?" My grandma says excitedly as we enter the LAX airport.

"I think," I laugh. "You still never told me where we're going."

"That's the fun part," She grins widely. She's adorable.

We went through security and made our way to the gate where we would board. When I walked up I looked over to the screen above the help desk, curious as of where we were going.

Kauai, Hawaii the board read and my heart was racing. "Seriously!" I turn around to my grandmother.

She laughs and nods, "I knew you'd like it."

— — —

Our uber pulled up to the place my grandma had rented for her and I. My eyes widened as I looked at the beautiful house right in front of me.

I went to the trunk and grabbed our bags, while my grandma paid our driver.

My hands dragged our suitcases behind me up the front sidewalk. I stopped and admired the
exterior.

"It has a little private beach in the backyard," she says excitedly coming up behind me.

My mouth dropped. This was going to be the best week ever.

— — —

Ethan's POV

Wednesday

Kylie's been gone for a couple days now and I've been bored the hell out of my mind. Every day has consisted of the same thing, wake up, eat, chill around the house or maybe surf, and sleep again.

I miss her.

I slid the movie disk into the DVD player and sat back on the couch. This is my 6th movie this week.

Suddenly my phone buzzed in my pocket and I was instantly excited. I looked down expecting it to be Kylie, but was stumped when it was a number I didn't recognize.

3:23pm
Unknown: Hey baby. I'm back, did you miss me? See you soon ;)

3:24pm
Me: Sorry I think you have the wrong number.

3:28pm
Unknown: Oh no baby, I don't. See you soon Et <3

I threw my phone down and rubbed my hands through my hair in frustration. I know exactly who this is. Only one person called me Et.

Emily.