10

Monday

I walked to my locker and grabbed my books for 1st period. I quickly scan the hallway looking for Ethan.

My eyes find him leaned up against the locker in a group of guys staring into space with a blank face while the rest of them are laughing.

I wonder what he's thinking about? I can't just approach him with all of them there.

I come back to reality from my thoughts and realized I'm staring at him as he's making eye contact with me smirking.

I blush and turn around to the direction of my class. I probably seem like an idiot now.

I walked into 1st period and slumped down in my seat as others walked in to begin class. I noticed one of the boys that was standing with Ethan come in and sit down. I had no idea he was in this class.

After he came in, that's when Ethan and another boy slugging in laughing. I missed his laugh, I missed that deep, real laugh. Especially  every time I fell off of the surfboard.

I'm literally falling for him and we aren't even spending time together. He's just so easy to catch feelings for, now I understand why Grayson said girls are always all over him. Now I was one of those girls, but in his shadow instead.

— — —

"Hello??" I hear snapping, "Earth to Kylie?" I look over to Callie with a concerned look on her face.

"What?" I ask.

"There's a party on Friday night and you're going with us." She says pointing to herself, Taylor, and Mallory sitting with us.

I nod and they all looked at me weird but continued their conversations. I shrugged it off and scanned the lunchroom, catching Ethan looking at me and I quickly shift my eyes to my food.

When I looked back over in their direction, Ethan was laughing with their table and Grayson was looking at me. He holds up his phone signaling for me to check mine.

I see that he texted me.

G: You okay?

Me: Yeah. Why?

G: You look a little out of it. Have you talked to E yet?

Me: No, I haven't had a chance yet. Plus I'm scared and I don't know what to say.

G: I know how he works. Meet me outside.

Me: Okay.

I notice out of the side of my eyes Grayson get up, say something to the guys and walk out. I wait a couple minutes to stand up.

"I'm gonna head to the library to get caught up on some homework. I'm just super stressed," I tell my table and they seem to believe it.

I walked out the double doors into the warm California air where I saw Grayson standing leaning against the side of the school waiting for me.

"Hey Gray," I say getting his attention.

"Oh, hey." He responds looking up from his phone.