24

"How have you been?" I ask hesitantly.

"Um pretty good. I've been working on my guitar again." She said not making eye contact with me. "How're you?"

"I'm sorry." I flat out say.

"For what?" She asks, finally looking me in the eyes.

"For everything. The cheating, for not talking to you while we were on break, just anything I ever did to hurt you. It's not me lately." I looked down to my hands in my lap.

"No, Ethan," She put her hand on my thigh, sending electricity through my body, "I'm sorry."

"You didn't do anything," I place my hand on hers to reassure her.

"I did," She scooted away from me, "I was drunk and dancing on this guy but once he asked me to go upstairs I snapped back into reality and told him no. I almost cheated on you, and I'm sorry."

"When was this?" I ask. This whole time I thought I fucked up, that it was just me. But it wasn't all me.

"A couple days before we broke up. I'm sorry for not telling you. I felt guilty this whole summer."

I looked down at the floor, standing up and rubbing my temples. Anger soared through my veins, not because she could've cheated, because she broke us up for my mistake, but she made one too.

But I can't be mad, I actually did cheat and she stopped herself.

I sighed, sitting back down with her, holding her warm hands in mine.

"I'm so sorry," I say letting a hot tear fall.

"I'm sorry." She responds. "I missed you so-" She began to say before I crash my lips into hers. They moved in sync as my hand slid to her hip.

She held the back of my neck, pulling me deeper into the kiss. God I missed this. Her touch, smile, laugh.

I pulled away and looked into her smiling eyes.

"God I missed you." I say smiling.

— — —

1 year later - august
freshman year of college

I ran my hands through my hair one last time before walking out of the bathroom. My hand slid across the wall, finding the light switch and flipping it off before completely walking out.

Kylie stood in her closet, staring at the collection of shirts neatly hung up across the wall.

I walked up behind her and slowly slid my arms around her waist, pulling her into my embrace.

"Pick the yellow crop top," I whisper into her ear. "You look good in yellow." I kiss her cheek and sit on the edge of her bed, waiting.

She strides out with a grin on her face, wearing the yellow crop top, some high waisted jean shorts, and white slip on vans.

I licked my lips, smiling at her. "Ready for our first day of college, baby?" I ask.

"Yess," She replied dragging out the s. "I'm so glad we got into the same college. This is gonna be fun." She sat on my lap facing me.

I grinned, pulling her closer to me. I attached my lips to hers but pulled away making me groan.

"More." I begged.

"We have class," She giggled.

I sighed and we both got up, heading out of her dorm room towards class.

Friday
Kylie's POV

I downed my 4th shot of the night, not bothering to chase it with a lime.

My sluggish body strolled back over to my boyfriend and the dance floor, throwing my body around.

"Damn, babe." I heard Ethan say chuckling, "Someone's a little drunk."

"Someone's a little sober," I turn to him and skim my finger down his face and grin, turning back around.

My body grinded against his, making him groan behind me.

I smiled and looked up as my hand pulled his head down by mine, "Someone a little sexually frustrated?" I whisper in his ear, messing with him.

"Now you did it." He replied aggressively, holding onto my wrist as we maneuvered our way out of the raging house.

We ran across the campus like little kids racing towards an ice cream truck.

We reached his dorm room and his hands fumbled with the keys to get us in.

I giggled as he brought me in and pinned me against the wall with his hands on either side of me.

There was nothing but moonlight in the room, bringing out every chiseled feature of his face. God he's so perfect.

My hands, with a mind of their own, slipped up his shirt feeling his toned body. My fingers skimmed his body, exploring every inch of what's mine.

My eyes found his and I grinned, noticing he was already smiling.

"I cant believe you're mine." He said lightly before smashing his lips into mine.

I immediately return the favor as our bodies slam against everything in the room.

He threw me back onto his bed, finally breaking our touch.

The edges of my mouth curled upwards as I grabbed his shirt and pulled him onto me.

"You ready?" He asked me.

"Yes." I say as sure as I've ever been.

Saturday Morning

I woke up on my stomach with my arm draped over another body.

I woke up to see Ethan, sound asleep. I smiled wide. I love him so much, he's so beautiful. He makes everything in my body burst with energy but melt at the same time.

I quietly got up, noticing Grayson wasn't back but shrugged it off. I wrapped a blanket around my naked body and walked to the bathroom.

My blue eyes stared at my glowing face with a hint of rose in my cheeks in the mirror. I smiled, rubbing my fingers against my skin.

I felt different, new. Refreshed.

I love this life, and it's only the beginning.