15

Saturday

I rolled over in my bed and sighed. My phone read 10:30am, and I was still exhausted after getting 12 hours of sleep.

The memories of yesterday began to flow through my mind and a smile appeared on my face. The doctor released Ethan, and him and I spent the day yesterday in his bed watching movies and eating ice cream. He diagnosed cookies n' cream ice cream his medicine to cure his need for rest.

I felt my phone buzz in my hand as my eyes opened again to see what the notification was.

Callie : 1 text message

C: Yo, wanna go get coffee? We can talk about what happened. I know it's tough on you.

She's such a good friend. She's letting Grayson and I both put our pain on her and holding up fine.

Me: 12pm? Fav coffee shop?

C: Yep! See you soon b

I ran to the bathroom and hopped in the shower. Hopefully this can clear my mind before my date with Ethan tonight.

— — —

I ran the towel through my wet hair, trying to dry it as much as possible. I let the wet mop on my head fall against my back, sending cold chills throughout my body.

I threw my hair up in a bun and applied some mascara and powder, something simple for now where I'd advance it some later today.

My keys started the engine of my jeep and I made my way to the coffee shop, listening to a huge playlist my friends and I always jammed to back in Georgia.

I really miss them, I probably shouldn't have just disappeared and cut them off like I did, but I was hurting and didn't know what else to do. I'll text them soon.

— — —

"So are you okay?" Callie asks as we walk out of the café with our coffee. We headed towards the lake and I looked down to my feet.

"Yeah, I mean he's out now and we have our date today."

"Kylie you know that's not what I mean. He was in a fight, over someone saying something about you."

I look up at her in confusion. "How did you know?"

"He told his family and then Gray told me." She shrugs and I nod.

"Well, so?"

"Kylie he obviously must really like you. Guys usually just laugh along and playfully tell eachother to shut up. That's what Ethan would do with his last girlfriend."

"Last girlfriend?" I ask sitting down on the rocks that's overlook the lake.

"Yeah, her name was Emily. They weren't really a couple, considering she cheated on him what seemed like every damn day," she scoffed, "he kept forgiving her and eventually she just broke up with him. Whenever she was out of guys she would come running back to him and he'd give in. Poor guy got played so hard and his heart was broken daily."