22

"What?" My voice came out weak.

"I know I should've let him tell you but I couldn't let you feel guilty for this when it's not even that bad." He told me.

"I'm sorry, this is a joke right?" Callie chimed in.

"I'm truly sorry. I promised I wouldn't tell, he's my brother after all." I nod in understanding, speechless. "But before you get mad I want him to explain what happened. He was there and I wasn't."

"What the fuck?" Callie pushed her boyfriend out of the way, now standing in front of me.

"Ky, he doesn't deserve you. He's an ass, sorry Gray." She says giving him a side eye and I push out a laugh. "You need to dump him."

"I want to hear his side of the story first. What if it was a mistake? Or if he was forced or something?"

"Forced? You're insane." She scoffed.

"When he told me the story that's what it sounded like. But I'm not confirming anything." Grayson said from behind.

"I think I'm gonna go home and get some rest." I say.

"Are you sure you don't want me to drive you home?" Callie asked me with sorrow in her bright blue eyes.

"Yeah I'm fine. I'll walk." I state turning around and stumbling my way towards the sidewalk.

"As for you, no kissing me for a week. You should've told me." I hear Callie tell Grayson from behind me causing a giggle. I love her.

— — —

Ethan's POV
Monday

Kylie and I haven't spoken since the lake incident. I feel like she's mad at me, because, in a way, I lied to her.

I'm just trying to give her space but I don't want to anymore.

"Bro let's go," I hear Grayson yell from the garage.

I roll my eyes and jog out the door, with a banana in hand. I'm gonna talk to her today.

"So have you told her yet?" My brother asks from the drivers seat.

I stay silent, looking down at my hands.

"Dude you need to talk to her. Otherwise you're gonna keep acting weird and she's gonna wonder, or someone else is gonna tell her." He says without taking his eyes of the road.

"You wouldn't," I look at him with anger filling my eyes.

"Not me bro, Emily. She'll find out who Kylie is and ruin you." His words stung my heart, filling me with fear. What if she does?

Gray pulled into the school parking lot and suddenly I didn't want to face her. She's been here almost two months and I'm already about to break her.

Fuck.

— — —

Kylies POV

It was ten minutes into first period and Ethan still wasn't in here. Everyone sat quietly doing the packet we were given but I couldn't focus on it. My eyes were glued to his empty desk.

Suddenly the door opened roughly and slammed, incoming some random kid. I sighed, where is he?

Grayson's POV