3

"Thanks for catching me," I blush looking down.

"No problem, can I ask you a question?"

"Sure?" I say.

"Why haven't I seen you around before?" He asked smiling.

"Oh, I kind of just moved here. I used to come here for a week or two at a time in the summer, but I just moved here for good, today." I laugh, "Sorry I'm rambling."

"No, no, I asked. Well welcome! My name is Ethan." He says as his cheek bones appear holding his hand out.

"Kylie." I state shaking his tan hand.

"Well, Kylie, it's nice to meet-" Ethan was saying but got cut off.

I look towards the direction of whoever was now talking to see a blonde muscular boy running towards us. "E! Bro why'd you- ohhhh I see, you found a girl." He smirks.

I speak up before hearing what Ethan's response would be, "Oh sorry for keeping him. He kinda kept me from falling in the ocean." I laughed.

"And who are you?" The blonde boy asks getting closer to me as his lips curl upward.

"Yo, Carter chill." Ethan says holding his hand in front of his friend. "I met her first." I smiled at Ethan's words admiring his dark hair, brown eyes, and tan muscular body above his bright red board shorts.

"Alright, well I'll make sure to talk to you later then. Bonfire. Tonight. 7pm. Be there." Carter said to me while winking then running back off.

"Bonfire?" I ask Ethan.

"He beat me to inviting you. But yeah, there's a bonfire tonight, do you wanna come? With me?" He asked smiling full of hope.

"I'll think about it."

He groaned, "Come on! Just come tonight and meet some of our crowd. I'll keep you company the whole time and if you decide you want to leave you can."

"Okay fine, but where is it at?"

"Down by the pier," He said while pointing down the beach to the long wooden boardwalk that stretched over the water.

"Got it." I smile, making eye contact.

"I'll see you at 7, Kylie."

"I'll see you, Ethan." And just like that he runs back to his friends. I went to sit back on the blanket only to hear my name being called.

"Kylie! Hey sorry, your grandma and I got to talking and then she was asking for some advice on what cake to make, but then she decided not to make one? It was a lot." Callie showed up explaining her late appearance.

"Oh you're good, I met someone to keep me company," I say smirking.

"Already?! Dang K, you're a player."

We both burst out laughing, "Yup you got me, and I'm going to a bonfire tonight with them." I tell her.

"Aw I wish I could go, but Grayson and I have a date tonight. You're really going to have to meet him and his brother. They're so attractive."